Automated Disaster Backup Sync and grid power disconnection / isolation

• Hello guys,

I'm building a disaster NAS Backup with grid disconnection. I already build the power disconnection system with power relay and actuator, disconnecting / isolating the mains power when USB power is off.

So now i'm looking to configure the actual NAS System. Is there any way to automate sync from another NAS to OMV 4 / 5 as a disaster copy ?
    The need is as follow:

- Power ON button -> boot
    - Add the job as a task on startup, so power on, boot -> execute
    - send email for completion / success / fail.
    - shut down.
    - After shut down the system will be safely isolated from the mains power.

Any help will be much appreciated.

• Offizieller Beitrag

In System >> Scheduled Jobs you can a job that runs "at reboot". It will run at every boot.
    The job can execute a command or a script. If you enable "send mail" you will receive an mail once the job is completed completed.

Shut down could be part of a script, but then you will probably not receive the mail. In that case sending the mail would have to be part of the script as well.

Or you use the autoshutdown plugin to realize the shut down. Then the job executed at reboot could be a simple rsync command.

Why do you need to disconnect the NAS from the grid?

• Thanks for your help.

It doesn't matter how many backups you have on site, a power surge, grid overvoltage or lightning strike can destroy all of them if are on the same place.
    Like disaster backup going out of the building (off site). This is for disaster inside the building.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!