Need to set up reverse proxy; need help choosing method

• OMV 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Need to set up reverse proxy; need help choosing method

I currently have my OMV machine set up with a static IP (192.168.1.5) behind a pfSense appliance which handles routing (running pfsense 2.4). I have a dynamic DNS service through DuckDNS and a domain name reserved. What I would like to do is set up a reverse proxy so that I can expose certain applications for my users to log in, like Ombi, to make requests for things to add to Plex.

I started looking at guides for Letsencrypt and Nginx, but couldn't get that to work. I know that pfsense has a haproxy app, but the configuration guides I found were less than helpful at getting it all set up.

What's the smartest way to accomplish what I want?
    • Getting the certificates seemed to work, at least my docker logs -f indicated it did. I set up LE

Source Code

1. docker create \
      2. --name=letsencrypt \
      3. --net=bridge
      4. --cap-add=NET_ADMIN \
      5. -e PUID=1000 \
      6. -e PGID=100 \
      7. -e TZ=America/Chicago \
      8. -e URL=mydomain \
      9. -e SUBDOMAINS=wildcard \
      10. -e VALIDATION=dns \
      11. -e DNSPLUGIN=cloudflare \
      12. -p 443:450 \
      13. -p 80:90 \
      14. -v /opt/letsencrypt/:/config \
      15. --restart unless-stopped \
      16. linuxserver/letsencrypt
      Display All
      like that.
    • Morlan wrote:

The logs dont usually lie ;) If you use dns-validation you dont have to expose port 80 btw.
      The next step would be the right configuration of the ombi.subdomain.conf in config/nginx/proxy-conf/ (did you create a c-name for ombi?).
      So the CNAME thing I'm not sure I did right. I pointed a CNAME record with * as the subdomain at my domain's main URL.

For the ombi.subdomain.conf I just ran "mv ombi.subdomain.conf.sample ombi.subdomain.conf" and left it at that. Do I need to change something in the file itself?