Need to set up reverse proxy; need help choosing method

• I currently have my OMV machine set up with a static IP (192.168.1.5) behind a pfSense appliance which handles routing (running pfsense 2.4). I have a dynamic DNS service through DuckDNS and a domain name reserved. What I would like to do is set up a reverse proxy so that I can expose certain applications for my users to log in, like Ombi, to make requests for things to add to Plex.

I started looking at guides for Letsencrypt and Nginx, but couldn't get that to work. I know that pfsense has a haproxy app, but the configuration guides I found were less than helpful at getting it all set up.

What's the smartest way to accomplish what I want?

• I followed that guide, but I cannot get ombi.$domain.com to pull up my ombi instance. I have a port forwarding rule sending all traffic on 443 to port 450 of my OMV machine (which I set in the Docker file for Letsencrypt to be the in-container port for 443). Still nothing.

• Getting the certificates seemed to work, at least my docker logs -f indicated it did. I set up LE

like that.

• The logs dont usually lie ;) If you use dns-validation you dont have to expose port 80 btw.
    The next step would be the right configuration of the ombi.subdomain.conf in config/nginx/proxy-conf/ (did you create a c-name for ombi?).

• The logs dont usually lie ;) If you use dns-validation you dont have to expose port 80 btw.
    The next step would be the right configuration of the ombi.subdomain.conf in config/nginx/proxy-conf/ (did you create a c-name for ombi?).

So the CNAME thing I'm not sure I did right. I pointed a CNAME record with * as the subdomain at my domain's main URL.

For the ombi.subdomain.conf I just ran "mv ombi.subdomain.conf.sample ombi.subdomain.conf" and left it at that. Do I need to change something in the file itself?

• Oh, and in case it matters, I registered my domain at domain.com and pointed it at a DuckDNS subdomain (like lh1983letsencrypt.duckdns.org) that I set up to always find my WAN address. I then went to CloudFlare and registered a free account and am using CloudFlare's nameservers through my domain.com address.

• I think the CNAME has to be specific. Not sure that * as wildcard works. if your ombi container is named ombi you should not need to change anything. Also you need to join letsencrypt and ombi into a docker network.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!