Problems with updating

• A week ago I tried to install some new updates and got an error while updating 'libisc-export160'.
    If I use apt upgrade
    then I get

Bash
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    You might want to run 'apt --fix-broken install' to correct these.
    The following packages have unmet dependencies:
     bind9-host : Depends: libbind9-140 (= 1:9.10.3.dfsg.P4-12.3+deb9u5) but it is not installed
     dnsutils : Depends: libbind9-140 (= 1:9.10.3.dfsg.P4-12.3+deb9u5) but it is not installed
     isc-dhcp-client : Depends: libisc-export160 but it is not installed
     libdns-export162 : Depends: libisc-export160 but it is not installed
    E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt --fix-broken install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

If I use apt --fix-broken install
    then I get the error

Can someone please help me?

• Offizieller Beitrag

The second listing is not an error, it is a question if you want to fix an error. What happens if you press Y? Do the update go through and the error away?

And you and your OMV NAS can ride together into the sunset and live happily ever after? Or is this just a cliffhanger? With a sequel error?

• The second listing is not an error, it is a question if you want to fix an error. What happens if you press Y? Do the update go through and the error away?

And you and your OMV NAS can ride together into the sunset and live happily ever after? Or is this just a cliffhanger? With a sequel error?

I guess you forgot to scroll down, or push the "Display All" button ?
    Sadly no happily ever after at this moment...

• Try dpkg --configure -a

If I try dpkg --configure -a it gives me nothhing.
    If I try apt --fix-broken installafterwards, the same errors appear.

• Try apt-get install -f

Gives this

• This is not new install, I've already used it for 2 years now.
    The hardware is an ODROID XU4, OMV runs on a eMMC card.

Samsung Exynos5422 Cortex™-A15 2Ghz and Cortex™-A7 Octa core CPUs
    * Mali-T628 MP6(OpenGL ES 3.1/2.0/1.1 and OpenCL 1.2 Full profile)
    * 2Gbyte LPDDR3 RAM PoP stacked
    * eMMC5.0 HS400 Flash Storage
    * 2 x USB 3.0 Host, 1 x USB 2.0 Host
    * Gigabit Ethernet port
    * HDMI 1.4a for display
    * Size : 83 x 58 x 20 mm approx.(excluding cooler)
    * Power: 5V/4A input
    * Linux Kernel 4.14 LTS

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is not new install, I've already used it for 2 years now.

That's fine, the reason I asked is that the error you see E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1) usually occurs on a new install and has appeared in respect of R-Pi's.
    AFAIK the fact that those two commands fail to resolve the install points to a corrupt package database, the only other option I can think of is from OMV's GUI, OMV-Extras from the Updates drop down menu run apt clean.

• That's fine, the reason I asked is that the error you see E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1) usually occurs on a new install and has appeared in respect of R-Pi's.AFAIK the fact that those two commands fail to resolve the install points to a corrupt package database, the only other option I can think of is from OMV's GUI, OMV-Extras from the Updates drop down menu run apt clean.

If I go to OMV-Extras in the GUI and do a apt clean, this is the output

Nothing errors there

• Offizieller Beitrag

Nothing errors there

No but it's cleaned up the package list;

which is what it was supposed to do.

If I run an upgrade of the libisc-export160 1:9.10.3.dfsg.P4-12.3+deb9u5 package in the GUI, I get this output

I don't understand the above, but have you run the two previous commands.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Also from the output on pastebin it's asking for this;

• bind9-host : Depends: libbind9-140 (= 1:9.10.3.dfsg.P4-12.3+deb9u5) but it is not going to be installed
    • dnsutils : Depends: libbind9-140 (= 1:9.10.3.dfsg.P4-12.3+deb9u5) but it is not going to be installed

Is this just a typo; libisc-export160 1:9.10.3.dfsg.P4-12.3+deb9u5

• Also from the output on pastebin it's asking for this;

• bind9-host : Depends: libbind9-140 (= 1:9.10.3.dfsg.P4-12.3+deb9u5) but it is not going to be installed
    • dnsutils : Depends: libbind9-140 (= 1:9.10.3.dfsg.P4-12.3+deb9u5) but it is not going to be installed

Is this just a typo; libisc-export160 1:9.10.3.dfsg.P4-12.3+deb9u5

No this is not a typo. Should I first install this libbind9-140 package?

Another apt-get install -f will give me this

• apt-get install --reinstall dnsutils will give me this

• Don't we have to focus on the lines
    unable to open triggers ci file '/var/lib/dpkg/info/libbind9-140:armhf.triggers': Input/output error
    and
    unable to open triggers ci file '/var/lib/dpkg/info/libisc-export160.triggers': Input/output error

Some say this could be an hardware failure, but I checked the disk (Full wipe with KILLDISK at Gutman 35 passes, which gave no errors).

Also the command
    btrfsck --repair /dev/mmcblk0p2

can't be executed because the device is mounted.

Any ideas?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!