File system not mounted and missing

• After almost a year of regular operation, after a normal update, one of the disks is no longer mounted, not even on reboot. In Storage -> Disks is regularly listed (device /dev/sda). In Storage -> File Systems is listed, but:

Device (s)
    /dev/disk/by-label/WD_RED1_4TB (instead of /dev/sda1)

Label
    _empty_ (instead of WD_RED1_4TB)

Filesystem Type
    ext4

Total
    n/a

Available
    n/a

Used
    n/a

Mounted
    No

referenced
    Yes

Status
    Missing

The Mount button cannot be used because it is grayed out.

What do you advise me to do?

I'm using OMV 4.1.26-1 (Arrakis), Linux Kernel 4.19.0-0.bpo.6-amd64, SMP Debian 4.19.37-5+deb10u2~bpo9+1 (2019-08-16) x86_64.

Thank you so much for your help.

OMV 6.9.15-1 (Shaitan) - Debian 11 (Bullseye) - Linux 6.1.0-0.deb11.17-amd64
    ASRock J5005-ITX - 16GB DDR4 - 4x WD RED 12TB (Raid10), 2x WD RED 4TB (Raid1) [OFF], Boot from SanDisk Ultra Fit Flash Drive 32GB - Fractal Design Node 304

• This is exactly the same error pattern as in this thread: Disk lost after power outage, post #6.
    Did you change any of the physical disk properties in the past?

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• I finally solved. First of all the disk was in perfect condition and I had never made any changes to the physical disk properties.

Checking the boot logs seemed to be a dependency error for the sharedfolders.

I have installed the "resetperms" plugin which allows you to see the list of shared folders in use.

With regards to the disk in question, I deleted all the shares from the various services (such as ftp, smb etc.) and finally I deleted the Shared Folders for the disk.

I added the Shared Folders for the disk in question again, naming them in the same way as before.

I restarted the applications involved, in my case Plex Media Server installed in a docker.

Everything was finally back to working properly. Made a reboot for security, all perfect, the log was error free.

We can close the thread. :D

OMV 6.9.15-1 (Shaitan) - Debian 11 (Bullseye) - Linux 6.1.0-0.deb11.17-amd64
    ASRock J5005-ITX - 16GB DDR4 - 4x WD RED 12TB (Raid10), 2x WD RED 4TB (Raid1) [OFF], Boot from SanDisk Ultra Fit Flash Drive 32GB - Fractal Design Node 304

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!