Experimental: Volumio and OMV on a Odroid HC1

• OMV 4.x

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Experimental: Volumio and OMV on a Odroid HC1

Hi,

I know, it is not the best practice to combine NAS and Mediaplayer, but for some kind of a bet I want to get the following setting up running:

- Odroid HC1 with HD
      - Openmediavault 4 XU4 Image
      - USB Soundcard
      - Volumio as a Mediaplayer

How do I Install Volumio on a OMV-Installation (or vice versa) and integrate the USB-Sounddevice (UGREEN) ? Is there a beter alternative instead of a OMV-Image, maybe using Rasbian or similar?

Bye Micha

Q29000-ITX
      omv 4.1.8.2 | 64 bit | backport kernel | omvextras
    • mipi wrote:

How do I Install Volumio on a OMV-Installation (or vice versa)
      Use docker but it looks like you will have to build the docker image - forum.volumio.org/volumio2-docker-rpi3-t5849.html

mipi wrote:

Is there a beter alternative instead of a OMV-Image, maybe using Rasbian or similar?
      Raspbian works on RPis not XU4/HC1/HC2. The image doesn't really make a difference.
      omv 5.0.14 usul | 64 bit | 5.0 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.1.4
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • mipi wrote:

hints on that?
      No idea. Never tried to make any OMV use a sound card. I would guess the odroid forum would be a good place to start.
      omv 5.0.14 usul | 64 bit | 5.0 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.1.4
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!