Computer will not see my Raspberry Pi nas server

• Hi and I hope this problem has not been covered before. Installed OMV onto my Raspberry Pi 4 and used a 32 GB USB 3 stick as storage, so I can play with the system before committing to larger storage. The Pi 4 is plugged into a spare Ethernet port on my router. Software set up and no problems on the OMV installation that I can detect. My problem is that my Windows 10 computer cannot see the Pi 4 and mapping a network drive does not find it. I followed a couple of different YouTube videos to do this. I went into my router settings and I can see the Pi and I gave it a static address and the OMV software connects to the PI with no problem. Any suggestions please?

John

• Did you also activate SMB / CIFS (samba) in the OMV?

[LibreELEC @ 2x RPi3, CoreELEC @ S12 Octa Core]

[ NAS OMV 5.xx (Usul) @ NanoPI M4 ]

[ Nextcloud 18.0.4 @ ODROID C2 ]

[ Motioneye @ RPi4]

• Offizieller Beitrag

Did you also activate SMB / CIFS (samba) in the OMV?

For Win10 - yes. I'm not sure how you're setting up network shares but, consider using this -> guide to walk through a network share setup. What you may be interested in starts on page 49 - Creating a Network Share. The guide walks through the processes needed to put a share on the network.

You might consider starting from the beginning.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!