Will OMV5 support the remote-mount plugin?

• OMV 5.x (beta)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Will OMV5 support the remote-mount plugin?

Hi. I successfully installed OMV5 BETA on Armbian Buster. Everything seems to work fine :)

I've got a question about the "remote-mount" plugin which I used on OMV4 for the old NAS backups.
      Will this plugin be available in OMV5? If yes, is there any known ETA for it? I'm asking, because if this plugin was dropped, then I will already try to find an alternative for it.

Greetings.
    • Moan wrote:

Will this plugin be available in OMV5? If yes, is there any known ETA for it? I'm asking, because if this plugin was dropped, then I will already try to find an alternative for it.
      Eventually I plan to port it. I really hate that plugin. It generates sooo many support requests caused by improper setup and/or doing bad things with it. The plugin needs to be flexible though. I don't have an ETA. I need to finish porting rsnapshot first and barely have any time for that.

If the old server supports rsync, you don't need remotemount.
      omv 5.0.14 usul | 64 bit | 5.0 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.1.4
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!
    • New

I vote for this too. I have a remote windows server that I am offering to the local users as NFS shares and without this plugin it would be a lot more complicated to do this.

Another use is to connect to a remote repository to be used as target bor backups so it is quite useful.
    • New

No need to vote for it. I have it on my list to port. I just don't like the plugin.
      omv 5.0.14 usul | 64 bit | 5.0 proxmox kernel | omvextrasorg 5.1.4
      omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please read this before posting a question and this and this for docker questions.
      Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!