Creating a Custom Bridge Network in Portainer

• OMV 5.x (beta)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Creating a Custom Bridge Network in Portainer

Does anybody know how to create a custom bridge network in Portainer? I am testing a NanoPi M4 on OMV 5 and am unable to setup Nextcloud using Letsencrypt/Nextcloud/Duckdns/Mariadb containers because docker-compose does not work on aarch64 boards. I have read about it in Docker and Portainer documentation but fail to find instructions on how to actually create a custom bridge network in order to connect the containers together.

Or is there another way to do it?
      Retired. I love to garden and mess with computers. The more I mess with both the less I know about either.
      OMV 4.1.27-1 on a pair of Odroid hc2's w/ 4TB WD Blue. Running Nextcloud, Plex, & Heimdall - and a Raspberry Pi 3 running Pi-hole.
      Testing OMV 5.0.14-1 beta on an Odroid H2, HP dx2400, and Nanopi M4.
    • Morlan wrote:

Networks - > add network: enter name, select driver bridge, click "create the network".
      Select a container, at the bottom "join a network"
      In OMV4 I only get one option when I pull down the driver option:

But I am talking about OMV 5 Using Portainer
      I haven't a clue as to how to set up the network configuration.
      Retired. I love to garden and mess with computers. The more I mess with both the less I know about either.
      OMV 4.1.27-1 on a pair of Odroid hc2's w/ 4TB WD Blue. Running Nextcloud, Plex, & Heimdall - and a Raspberry Pi 3 running Pi-hole.
    • Agricola wrote:

Does anybody know how to create a custom bridge network in Portainer? I am testing a NanoPi M4 on OMV 5 and am unable to setup Nextcloud using Letsencrypt/Nextcloud/Duckdns/Mariadb containers because docker-compose does not work on aarch64 boards. I have read about it in Docker and Portainer documentation but fail to find instructions on how to actually create a custom bridge network in order to connect the containers together.

Or is there another way to do it?
      From shell use command to create, once create, can be used on Portainer.

Source Code

1. docker network create my-net

docs.docker.com/engine/reference/commandline/network_create/
      OMV 4.1.11 x64 on a HP T510, 16GB CF as Boot Disk & 32GB SSD 2,5" disk for Data, 4 GB RAM, CPU VIA EDEN X2 U4200 is x64 at 1GHz

Post: HPT510 SlimNAS ; HOWTO Install Pi-Hole ; HOWTO install MLDonkey ; HOHTO Install ZFS-Plugin ; OMV_OldGUI ; ShellinaBOX ; ctop
      Dockers: MLDonkey ; PiHole ; weTTY
      Videos: @TechnoDadLife
    • @raulfg3 thanks for the tip. When I get back to my computer I’ll check it out.
    • @Morlan my apologies. I misunderstood you. I just knew those fields had to be filled out with some secret subnet voodoo, so I’ve been reading up on subnets:
      /24, /25, /26...
      1, 2, 4, 8, 16...
      256, 128, 64, 32...
      8|
      I’m still not at my desktop so I will check all of this out later.

Thank you both very much.
    • @raulfg3 & @Morlan neither way worked.

When I tried to create a network using Portainer I got this error notice:

When I use the command docker network create my-net
      I get this:

Source Code

1. Error response from daemon: Failed to program FILTER chain: iptables failed: iptables --wait -I FORWARD -o br-03c1de135165 -j DOCKER: iptables v1.8.2 (nf_tables): RULE_INSERT failed (Invalid argument): rule in chain FORWARD
      2. (exit status 4)
    • As @ryecoaaron said on my other thread "I never noticed this before but docker-compose only runs on 64 bit x86 systems. No way to fix this unless docker start supporting arm systems." So docker network seems to be connected to this same situation. I bumped that thread with the question if it would be possible to somehow uninstall and reinstall docker with an arm64 version of docker without breaking everything.

Thanks @Morlan for the link. That is exactly what I experienced. A solution will come along sooner or later. I will keep looking.