implement svn or git server

• Yes, but not via the web interface (there is no plugin). Note that OMV uses nginx, and most web interfaces require apache.
    I would suggest the installation of docker and then use the docker package of the software you like (SVN or GIT server).

• Yes, but not via the web interface (there is no plugin). Note that OMV uses nginx, and most web interfaces require apache.
    I would suggest the installation of docker and then use the docker package of the software you like (SVN or GIT server).

I can't find a svn docker package. a fundamental question: is it possible to use docker without paying?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I have no problem finding several svn-server dockers on github. Or git-server. or git-lab.

Are you running some special architecture?

Make sure you move the docker base path away from the root filesystem before installing dockers.

Make sure you figure out how to safely backup and restore backed up repositories BEFORE you start using a version control system for production. Using a separate partition, or a separate shared folder, just for the version control repositories might be helpful.

https://hub.docker.com/search?q=svn-server&type=image

https://hub.docker.com/search?q=git-server&type=image

I have no idea which work or which to use. Try some that is recently updated, and see if you can get that working. Or learn how to roll your own.

Docker and docker apps are often opensource and free to use, unless the license says something else. Read the license before installing anything! If you need help I am certain there are paid services you can use to setup whatever you need. Or just read the docs and experiment = learn and profit!

• it is an amd64 machine
    I don't know, I installed docker via the omv web gui:

Code
    Docker Root Dir: /var/lib/docker

can I use a partition on the disk where omv is installed? the other two disks are in raid 1

• Offizieller Beitrag

Just do some experiments, backing up and restoring the data managed by the version control software. Make sure it works smoothly and with minimal effort. However you think works best. No point in backing it up unless you are certain you can restore it. Perhaps the version control server software has some backup routines built in? Or suggestions in the docs? Or on the forums there?

There are several thread here about "docker base path". You set that to a shared folder before installing docker apps.

Possibly use two separate drives, separate shares or even separate servers and sync between them using CRON.

I have no other specific advice.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes, that computer should be fine for use with dockers and svn-server. At least for modest needs.

In order to tell you how to install that docker I would likely have to spend a couple of hours testing it. And then learning to administer a SVN server. Sorry, that smell too much like boring work. Not interested...

You have to try to learn more about Docker, the OMV Docker GUI and how to administer svn-server on your own.

I suggest:
    Learn more about docker in general. Perhaps read some book? Follow online tutorials?
    Install some dockers following detailed instructions. For instance see the videos by TechnoDad. Great way to get started.
    Try to figure out the connections between what TD shows and the instructions on DockerHub and in the tutorials.
    Experiment. It might be a good idea to have an extra computer for experiments. An old and feeble laptop is a very good test bench for experiments. And can be really cheap. And can run OMV without problems.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!