Configuration mistake - unable to access to the nas

• Hi,

I made a mistake after trying to change the configuration of the nas, cause I changed of house. More specificly, it was during the change of the ports...

Now, my modem see the nas but when I type the IP, it doesn't work. It doesn't work anymore if I type the old IP. I also try to access by putty, but it doesn't work too...

The only thing I can do, is to connect a keyboard and a screen directly to the nas, put the nas on and loggin directly to it but the debian interface login stay and I can do something like try to use a command line.

Help me please!

• to complete my message:

The modem say that the nas has the ip 192.168.0.40
    But because I made a bad configuration of the ports (192.168.1.40), it's impossible to access

unfortunately, the box doesn't allow to change the port with 192.168.1.x (Don't ask why, just a bad hoster)

I think I have a kind of loop problem with my port and I'ld like to access to the admin directly in the system with a keyboard and a screen...

• Do you have physical access to the NAS or only via remote access?

If you are able to connect a keyboard and a monitor then you should login with user root to the OMV command line interface.

With the command omv-firstaid you get a selection menu with an option to reset the lan configuration.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• From the terminal run:

omv-firstaid

and select Configure network interface

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• ok. Could you explain how I can run the first aid command? Because When I turn on the nas physically with a keyboard and a screen, I've a debian login interface. If I put the admin and the correct password, nothing happens...

• ok. Could you explain how I can run the first aid command? Because When I turn on the nas physically with a keyboard and a screen, I've a debian login interface. If I put the admin and the correct password, nothing happens...

The admin user does not have shell access. You must login as root.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I would like too but here is the problem:

- the box says that the nas is at this adress: 192.168.1.40

So I run putty and try to make a connection but I have a timeout message. I'm sure it's because I made a mistake with the ports redirection and I don't know how I can enter in root directly in debian. Is it possible?

• You said you tried logging in as admin, but it failed.

Do it the same way (keyboard+monitor=console) but login as root, not admin.

--

• Thanks again for your help, I appreciate!

with a distant computer and putty: 192.168.1.40 and ssh : connection timeout

with a distant terminal: 192.168.1.40 : connection timeout

If I connect the keyboard and the screen direcly to the OMV: login debian page, I enter the name and the password...nothing happens

• If I connect the keyboard and the screen direcly to the OMV: login debian page, I enter the name and the password...nothing happens

Are you using root for the name and the correct password?

It should either log you in or fail with a message. If absolutely nothing happens something is drastically wrong and I have no answer for you.

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!