Root password at OMV5

• Offizieller Beitrag

My root password changed by itself. I did not changed. I tried my root password, but I could not login.

The root account is not allowed to log into the omv web ui, try local console see if the root password works. The user is 'admin' for the web panel

How I can access and retrive or change my root password?

So if this is the case and you cannot log into the console, can you log into the webui with admin?

• Offizieller Beitrag

As you see below, it shows Access denied.

This may have nothing to do with the password. Is the root login disabled in the SSH tab in the web interface?

have crated new user with root rights in WEB interface. That user has belong to root and sudo group but still getting trouble as shown on below.

Please don't create a user in the root group. sudo is all you need. I don't know why you are using "login root" when sudo su or sudo su - is what you should use

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I checked the SSH tab, but it normal. I disabled then enabled. Nothing was changed.

Please don't create a user in the root group. sudo is all you need. I don't know why you are using "login root" when sudo su or sudo su - is what you should use.

OK, But still I have to have root password.

Thanks

• Offizieller Beitrag

OK, But still I have to have root password.

While not true, if you can login with a user that has sudo privileges, you can change it with sudo passwd root

The scary thing is if something else hacked your system because of a simple root password and changed it -or- if you just didn't type the same password on install.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• While not true, if you can login with a user that has sudo privileges, you can change it with sudo passwd root
    The scary thing is if something else hacked your system because of a simple root password and changed it -or- if you just didn't type the same password on install.

Thanks your help. First sudo passwd root helped me. Second, I will change my root passwd.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!