Lost IP address after "omv-firstaid" configuration

• Hi all,
    Thanks for all the postings, I have learned a lot regarding OMV from this forum.
    Recently, I have difficulty in installation of Portainer in omv 5.x. One solution is that re-configuration of network after entering "omv-firstaid".

After installation of docker the network interface is broken and DNS does not work.
    Use omv-firstaid to reconfigure the network interface. After that installation of Portainer worked for me.

However, after I tried to follow steps in ssh, the lines in terminal frozen at "in configuration, please", something like that, for a long time.
    Then I force to close the terminal, and found out that I cannot re-connect to server using original IP address.
    After I type "IP addr", the new address doesn't work either.

Please help!

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv-firstaid should generally be ran from console for this reason (especially when there is a possibility the IP may change)...

If you can't log in with the old IP... I would log into your router/switch and check what IP's it has assigned. You should be able to figure it out.

If that is not possible, download Angry IP scanner onto a device that is on your network, and run it. It should find all IP's currently available on your network.

https://angryip.org/

• Under Windows I prefer to use Advanced Port Scanner, but to each his (or her) own.

• Thanks, actually, this time I use the console and enter the omv-firstaid again, and "configure the network interface " again to reset the setting, and obtained new IP address.

• Thanks, actually, this time I use the console and enter the omv-firstaid again, and "configure the network interface " again to reset the setting, and obtained new IP address.

how were you able to connect to your machine since it didn't had any IP? I have the same problem and when the issue occurs I don't know how to access my machine, since it's not being given an IP from the router.

• Offizieller Beitrag

how were you able to connect to your machine since it didn't had any IP? I have the same problem and when the issue occurs I don't know how to access my machine, since it's not being given an IP from the router.

When "it worked" he posted he logged in a console (with a display attached) and got a new IP address (which he probably found either in his router or via the command ip a)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!