Configuration plex media server -> please a little help

• Hi all,
    (translated by google):

The Plex Media Server to transcode on my Samsung TV. Previously I had always enter a profile on Windows DLNA servers so that the server knew understands what file format the renderer, and then, then the server transcodes.

How to do this in Plex Media Server, and: which temporary transcode directory should I set under OMV?

Thanks and Regards.

2 BananaPi, 1 OrangePiPC+, 1 OrangePiPC with OMV 6.0.x

• You need to add a DLNA profile for your samsung TV. You'll find one here (just search for samsung via your browser search):

http://forums.plexapp.com/inde…81-working-dlna-profiles/

For placing the file in the correct folder and checking that it is used see here:

http://forums.plexapp.com/inde…rofiles-for-dlna-devices/

Greetings
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Upload Logfile via WebGUI/CLI
    #openmediavault on freenode IRC | German & English | GMT+1
    Absolutely no Support via PM!

• Hi David,
    kannst du bitte auf deutsch schreiben? Vielen Dank dafür.

Die Links habe ich gelesen und das Samsung-Profil gefunden. Natürlich kann ich das kopieren und "irgendwo" einfügen, aber nur: wo gehört das hin? Ich finde im zweiten Link keinen Hinweis, wo genau unter OMV das Profil hin kopiert werden muss.

Bitte kurz Hinweise geben, ich fitze mich dann schon durch ...

Viele Grüße.

• Sorry, ich müsste das selbst grade erstmal raussuchen. Gib mir ein paar Minuten, ich durchsuche mal das Plex Verzeichnis...

Gruß
    David

"Well... lately this forum has become support for everything except omv" [...] "And is like someone is banning Google from their browsers"

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

• Code
    /media/UUIDofyourdatadrive/plexmediaserver/Library//plexmediaserver/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-ins/System.bundle/Contents/Resources/dlnaclientprofiles.xml

Gruß
    David

• OK, David,
    habs gefunden und das Profil eingefügt. Danach den OMV neu gestartet.

Die Web-Konsole (Plex Web Client) auf dem Server startet ordnungsgemäß, ich kann dort Filme abrufen. Aber sobald ich auf den Fernseher etwas ansehen will, kommt auf der OMV-Konsole folgender Fehler und nichts funktioniert mehr: (abgeschrieben vom Monitor):

Code
    [748.100983] Killed process 1559 (apache2)
    748.200675] Out of memory: kill process 2002 (plex DLNA Serve) score 105059 or a child process
    [748.200728] Killed process 2002 (Plex DLNA Serve)

Hast Du bitte einen Tipp oder mehrere Tpps, was man tun kann?

viele Grüße und danke bis hierher.

• Welche Serie hast du von Samsung? A-B-C-D-E-F?

Ich persönlich benutze DLNA nicht mehr... kann aber mal schauen was mein tv nachher sagt, samsung c serie.

Gruß
    David

• Hi David, hi tekkbebe,

ich hatte zuerst gedacht, analog zum minidlna-Server einfach über "Sources" den PMS auswählen zu können. Das geht aber so nicht. Wie tekkbebe richtig schreibt, muss man den Plex-Client auf dem TV auswählen und einrichten. Dann funktioniert auch der Zugriff auf die Inhalte des Servers.

Ich habe selbst lange herumgesucht und gelesen, bis ich das herausgefunden hatte. Tekkbebe bestätigt mir, dass ich richtig gesucht und gefunden habe.

Euch beiden vielen Dank und freundliche Grüße.

(translated by google)
    I had first thought to be able to select the PMS similar to the minidlna server simply on "Sources". This is however not the case. How tekkbebe writes correctly, you must select the Plex client on the TV and set up. Then used to have access to the contents of the server.

I myself have long searched around and read until I found out that. Tekkbebe confirmed to me that I have properly sought and found.

Thanks to both of you and best regards.

• There are 2 different ways to use Plex. You can stream via DLNA or use an app. The apps sometimes are not using the best quality as streaming would provide. They transcode. If you are not happy with the app let me know Opa Voss and I will try to look into this some more.

Tschu"ss...

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!