Motherboard does not detect 9207-8i

• Hello!

I bought a fairly cheap, but new and sealed in the box, LSI branded 9207-8i. The motherboard I'm using does not detect the card at all. At first, I thought it wasn't seated correctly in the slot as the PCI backplate it came with was slightly bent in all directions, but I've tried it without that and it still does not detect the card. The card feels quite warm to the touch and I have occasionally heard the connected drives spin up. It's the first time I've used a HBA, so I'm not sure if I've missed something fundamental in the BIOS. Also, when I get to OMV, there are no drives detected, which seems to be expected if it's not seen in the BIOS. Has anyone heard of this kind of thing before? DOA HBA card or motherboard incompatibility? Any workarounds?

I am using these bits of hardware:

Asus Rog Strix B360-I Motherboard, latest 2418 BIOS
    8400T
    16GB (2x8GB) Corsair Value Select
    3x 4TB IronWolf
    1x Samsung Evo 970 NVMe

Things I've tried:

CMOS Clear
    Reseating the card
    Removing PCIe backplate from card

Any help, much appreciated, thanks :thumbup:

• Offizieller Beitrag

I recommend you to get the DELL perc H200(LSI-9211-8i), they go for around 50-70 dollars second hand, you need to flash them to make them work into IT mode which exposes all disks as singles. The dell percs are not so inclined to get forfeited, just try a reputable seller in ebay.

Most of the plain LSI you can buy them with IT fw already, but apparently there's a lot of fakes. The dell percs most of them come as factory default IR mode

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!