Slow read speeds with Snapraid

• Hello,
    I used my nas with omv 4.0 and three 2TB drives in Raid 5. The transfer speeds habe been 110 - 120MB/s with Gigabit Ethernet.
    I needed more space and now i am using two 4TB drives and one 2TB drive with snapraid and Aufs. One 4TB drive is used as Parity and the other two drives are storage.

When I transfer data to my nas the speeds are about 110 - 120MB/s. But when tranfer data from the nas to another PC the speeds are only between 30 and 70MB/s.

Is it normal that Snapraids read speeds are lower than the write speeds? Or is something wrong with my system.

This is my first post. So if you need more onformation please tell my.

• SnapRaid is not involved with reading or writing to your data disks unless you are running a sync, scrub or other SnapRaid operation.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I didn´t know that.
    But why are my read speeds so much slower than my write speeds?
    It doesn´t matter on which auf the two data disk the data is stored. The speeds are equally bad from both disks.

• I didn´t know that.
    But why are my read speeds so much slower than my write speeds?
    It doesn´t matter on which auf the two data disk the data is stored. The speeds are equally bad from both disks.

I have no idea other than to say you can't blame SnapRaid for it.

How are you using aufs with OMV 4?

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• I am using the Union filesystem addon and I merged my data disks to create one volume.
    I am using the option "most free space" for writing the data to the disks.

That's mergerfs, not aufs.

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!