​who can help me to run this image correctly?

• Offizieller Beitrag

who can help me to run this image correctly?

What have you tried? Have you watched any of the docker videos to see how just about every one of them translates what you find on docker hub into parameters on the plugin?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• First I ran the following command:

Code
    docker pull garethflowers/svn-server

Then:

Code
    docker run \
        --name serversvn \
        --detach \
        --volume /home/svn:/var/opt/svn \
        --publish 3690:3690 \
        garethflowers/svn-server

So for now I have been following the developer's instructions. I have not yet figured out if I'm doing well or not and above all what is the next step. I would like someone to clarify my doubts, for me it is the first time with docker and also with a versioning system.

• Offizieller Beitrag

And then? Did you create a repo with docker exec -it and the svnadmin command? Does /home/svn exist on your server? What isn't working?

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• And then? Did you create a repo with docker exec -it and the svnadmin command? Does /home/svn exist on your server? What isn't working?

no, I haven't created a repo yet. I don't know if /home/svn exists, I think so. Is it a problem if it doesn't exist?

• Offizieller Beitrag

no, I haven't created a repo yet.

It won't do anything without a repo.

I don't know if /home /svn exists

If you didn't create it, it doesn't exist. ls -al /home/ will tell you but most people use a path that you know exists. All of the docker videos show how to do this.

Is it a problem if it doesn't exist?

If you need to keep your svn repo(s) after the docker container shuts down, it is very important.

• If you didn't create it, it doesn't exist. ls -al /home/ will tell you but most people use a path that you know exists. All of the docker videos show how to do this.

looks like it already exists:

Code
    root@omv:~# ls -al /home/                                                                                                                                                                     
    total 12                                                                                                                                                                                      
    drwxr-xr-x  3 root root 4096 Nov 11 09:53 .                                                                                                                                                   
    drwxrwxr-x 24 root root 4096 Nov  4 08:32 ..                                                                                                                                                  
    drwxr-xr-x  2 root root 4096 Nov 11 09:53 svn

I tried to create a new repository but I didn't understand if it's enough to just start the container, or you have to start the image first.

Code
    root@omv:~# docker exec -it serversvn svnadmin create vbrepo                                                                                                                                  
    Error response from daemon: Container 574b39991e00c1ccdc23db8e5695d8cf3c687a039961dd6b0ef41a0ef41cac25 is not running
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I didn't understand if it's enough to just start the container, or you have to start the image first.

You can't start an image. You can start a container using an image. You definitely have to have the container running to exec into it.

• Offizieller Beitrag

The omv web gui allows me to start the image, as shown here

That pic doesn't show the container running. That just creates the container. The status should be in the grid at the bottom of the plugin. Did you start the container in the bottom grid?

• That pic doesn't show the container running. That just creates the container. The status should be in the grid at the bottom of the plugin. Did you start the container in the bottom grid?

then this button: https://imgur.com/wDVA16Q
    is it equivalent to executing these commands?:

Code
    docker run \
        --name serversvn \
        --detach \
        --volume /home/svn:/var/opt/svn \
        --publish 3690:3690 \
        garethflowers/svn-server

@ryecoaaron yes, now I started the container.
    the value "STATE" is "running" and the value "STATUS" is "Up 5 minutes (healthy)".
    then I ran the command again:

Code
    docker exec -it serversvn svnadmin create vbrepo

seems to have worked because it didn't return me anything.

but now what should I check and test?

• @ryecoaaron If I visit this address: http://10.0.30.22:3690/
    a page with this text is returned to me:

Code
    ( success ( 2 2 ( ) ( edit-pipeline svndiff1 accepts-svndiff2 absent-entries commit-revprops depth log-revprops atomic-revprops partial-replay inherited-props ephemeral-txnprops file-revs-reverse list ) ) )
    • Offizieller Beitrag

should network mode be bridge?

Sure.

can the ip host be 0.0.0.0?

Yes. That just means it is listening on all addresses that the system has.

I didn't understand the difference between host path and container path.

It is the mapping relationship between the path inside the container and outside the container. If the container reads or writes to the container path, it is actually reading/writing to the the specified host path. Perhaps you need to read more about containers.

I didn't understand exactly what I'm going to save in /home/svn.

You won't save anything in /home/svn. That is where svn server files will live so that you don't lose anything when the container restarts.

a page with this text is returned to me:

What were you expecting to see? You are interacting directly with svnserve on that port.

Why again do you want an svn server?

• You won't save anything in /home/svn. That is where svn server files will live so that you don't lose anything when the container restarts.

by the way. I saw that the container had been arrested for three days. is the container stopped when omv is turned off?

• Offizieller Beitrag

is the container stopped when omv is turned off?

Isn't everything turned off when OMV is turned off? That said, there is a restart policy in the plugin to restart the container automatically when OMV is rebooted.

• Isn't everything turned off when OMV is turned off? That said, there is a restart policy in the plugin to restart the container automatically when OMV is rebooted.

Yes you're right, I'm sorry. Maybe I had to ask: does the container, on restart, remain stopped by default?
    It seems then that this policy does not work. How can I check?

• Offizieller Beitrag

does the container, on restart, remain stopped by default?

Yes. The "Restart Policy" defaults to No which means the container will not start automatically on reboot. Most people change it to "unless stopped" if they want the container to start automatically on reboot.

It seems then that this policy does not work. How can I check?

This is extremely well tested and I have not heard of it not working. From your screenshot in your first post, you left the Restart Policy set to No. So, I think the container is doing what it is supposed to.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!