Error when try to pull image

• Hi there,

Building a new NAS, with clean install OMV4 (in Legacy mode). For those interested, take a look here

So fresh install, updated and installed OMV-Extras. Now when I try to pull an image I get "Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusrQ71Ej' (size=0)."

Tried many times: here are two Error messages, trying to pull same image:

• Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusrQ71Ej' (size=0).

Fout #0:
    OMV\Exception: Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusrQ71Ej' (size=0). in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc:207
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc(223): OMV\Json\File->getContents()
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(340): OMV\Json\File->read()
    #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(262): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->finalizeBgProcStatus('/tmp/bgstatusrQ...', '', Object(OMV\Exception))
    #3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDocker->pullImage(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('pullImage', Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Docker', 'pullImage', Array, Array, 1)
    #7 {main}

• Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusItIVVN' (size=0).

Fout #0:
    OMV\Exception: Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusItIVVN' (size=0). in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc:207
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc(223): OMV\Json\File->getContents()
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(340): OMV\Json\File->read()
    #2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(262): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->finalizeBgProcStatus('/tmp/bgstatusIt...', '', Object(OMV\Exception))
    #3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDocker->pullImage(Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('pullImage', Array, Array)
    #6 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Docker', 'pullImage', Array, Array, 1)
    #7 {main}

The thread mentioned above might give some insight in this matter...
    Can someone please point me in the right direction for solution? Thanks in advance!

• Yes, latest omv4 image, clean install and updated. And installed omv-extras.Also tried clean install without updating omv, installed omv-extras. Same issue (after updated omv completely (kernel included).

ODROID-HC2 running OMV4
    ASUS F2A85-M LE running OMV4

• Thanks for making issue at docker/github. When I’m home, I’ll try a omv4 clean install on Virtual machine. Could try on my HC-2 too, but it’s armhf.

ODROID-HC2 running OMV4

• Offizieller Beitrag

This is fixed in the latest release of the plugin.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• I fear you can not do anything right at the moment. You hit a bug caused by a race condition. I will open a bug issue for the Docker plugin. You need to wait until the plugin developer has fixed it.

This is fixed in the latest release of the plugin.

Big Thanks to you guys and of course the developers/maintainers of Docker!!!
    Everything seems to work fine, I now can proceed witch my installation/configuration of OMV :)
    Cheers!

ODROID-HC2 running OMV4

• No expert, but my advice:

Update system (especially Docker), but would recommend update all. Maybe make backup before updating, depending on situation.
    When you're just setting up or did fresh install, update all.

If that doesn't fix your problem, I think more info is needed (OMV version, running on armhf? and log-files maybe).

ODROID-HC2 running OMV4

• Omv 4 on raspberry 4 updated all and issue still exist, Tried pulling other images prompted me error too

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; docker pull 'docker pull haugene/transmission-openvpn:latest'' with exit code '1':omv 4 running on raspberry 4. Updated omv and docker.

Error #0: OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; docker pull 'docker pull haugene/transmission-openvpn:latest'' with exit code '1': in /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc:250 Stack trace: #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(565): OMVRpcServiceDocker->{closure}('/tmp/bgstatus5m...', '/tmp/bgoutputBt...') #1 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/docker.inc(254): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure)) #2 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceDocker->pullImage(Array, Array) #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array) #4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('pullImage', Array, Array) #5 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Docker', 'pullImage', Array, Array, 1) #6 {main}

• There is the error for the Pi you need to specify haugene/transmission-openvpn:latest-armhf if you don't add a tag the plugin uses :latest by default.

still getting the same error after specifying armhf. Even other images that i tried to pull prompts the same error msg. I tried downloading from docker image repo in webui, it works other than that when i try to pull image doesnt work

• Offizieller Beitrag

Even other images that i tried to pull prompts the same error msg.

This points more to an internet or dns related issue, I've also seen some issues if the date and time are not set in the gui.

In OMV-Extras from the Update dropdown is there an apt-clean option.

• This thread can be closed... (Docker update has fixed this issue).
    Thanks to everyone for the help!

Can't close it myself, can I?

ODROID-HC2 running OMV4

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!