Installing OMV 4 or 5 in Virtual Box on Linux Manjaro host system

• Hi,

I have tried repeatedly to install OMV 4 or 5 in VirtualBox on Manjaro host system.

The installation always hangs at "configuring DHCPV6" after this is displayed, it is a blank screen (no text, prompts) and infinite wait mode.

I have successfully installed Debian 10, Manjaro 18(all flavors), Ubuntu 18, Freenas and Rockstor in VirtualBox, so I don't think there is a problem with my VB config on my host system(Manjaro)

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help.

• Thanks for the idea subzero.

If I try to install OMV5 on Debian it never works.

When i copy/paste the terminal commands from the net I always get "command not found"

Just for $hits and giggles, has anyone successfully installed OMV5 on a Manjaro or Windows host in VB using this youtube tutorial? Link: install omv5 in VB

Thanks

• Yes, the networking is functioning normally in Debian VM.

I tried installing OMV4 and 5 in VirtualBox on a Windows7 Host also. I get the same results as the Manjaro host: it always hangs at "configuring DHCPV6".

Thanks for your help

• I was able to install and run OMV4 in Manjaro VB host and a Windows 7 host.

However, I still cannot install OMV5 on Manjaro or Windows 7 host. The installation process hangs after completion of "configuring DHCPV6", the configuring DHCPV6 process completes and displays 100%, but after that, it's just an infinite gray screen...no text, no prompts.

My VirtualBox configs are identical on both OMV4 and OMV5, but OMV5 will not install???

Has anyone successfully installed OMV5 on VirtualBox?

Thanks.

• I did, using VirtualBox on a Xubuntu 18.04.
    If you want to I can try to export and upload it to GoogleDrive or something similiar (if so please gimme some days ;) )

OMV6.x

AMD Ryzen 5 5600G

ASRock B550M Pro4

Crucial DIMM 16GB

Western Digital WD Blue SN570

Seagate IronWolf 8TB/WD Red 8TB

AeroCool CS-102

• I don't really think this is going to help anyone , but I got my OMV5 installation in VirtualBox on a Linux Manjaro Gnome host to work. I have no idea what solved it, or if it was anything that I did. After multiple restarts and installing GnomeBoxes, it magically started working. ????

I have no idea what GnomeBoxes has to do with anything, but after installing it on two separate Linux Manjaro host machines, OMV5 in VB started working on both????????

Thanks for the ideas/suggestions in this forum. This forum seems quite helpful, and understanding to noobs like myself...thanks.

Many other Linux forums that I have used are not nearly as understanding or helpful to newbies.

Thanks

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!