Stuck at Filesystem Creation

• Hi Guys,

I recently bought a Rasperry Pi 4B and wanted to use it as a NAS for my seagate 4TB external 2,5' HDD.
    I installed OMV 4.1.22 with several issues (it did not work without an update and the apt update command got stuck due to an offline server) Now OMV runs at 4.1.27-1
    Got it running now, but I cant get through the filesystem creating.
    After wiping the It keeps getting stuck somewhere at "writing inode tables". Everytime at different progress stages (it runs from 0 to 29809 and gets stuck somewhere in between)

I tried to format the hard drive at my Windows PC via AOMEI Partition Assistant in Ext4 but OVM cant mount the HDD then..

Any ideas why it does not work? ?(

• Offizieller Beitrag

With the OMV GUI

:thumbup: the other usual issue related to the Pi is power the fact that it gets so far in formatting the drive might indicate this. There is a sticky on the Pi forums whilst this is in relation to data transfer it may be of some help.

• Okay that helped! Finally got a filesystem created.
    Now I'm getting this error while trying to mount the HDD:

Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; mount -v --source '/dev/disk/by-label/Datengrab' 2>&1' with exit code '12': modprobe: ERROR: ../libkmod/libkmod.c:586 kmod_search_moddep() could not open moddep file '/lib/modules/4.19.50-v7l+/modules.dep.bin' modprobe: FATAL: Module fuse not found in directory /lib/modules/4.19.50-v7l+ NTFS signature is missing. Failed to mount '/dev/sda1': Invalid argument The device '/dev/sda1' doesn't seem to have a valid NTFS. Maybe the wrong device is used? Or the whole disk instead of a partition (e.g. /dev/sda, not /dev/sda1)? Or the other way around?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'd boot some version of linux from a thumbdrive and run some diagnostics on that HDD. And then use gparted to nuke the contents to smithereens and add a new partition table (GPT), partition the drive and format it to ext4. And then run some diagnostics again. And just for good measure wipe again in OMV. That should do it!

If you need info about how you diagnose a hard drive, try to search internet for something like "how do I check a hard drive health in linux".

• Got it know
    After formating the hdd via OMV I plugged it at my Windows PC and used a program for "linux file systems" from paragon to check and format it again...

Is it somehow possible to delete shared folders which cant be found?
    Before having my HDD I tested the whole thing with my USB Stick.. and apperently I can only delete shared folders IF they are "plugged in"

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need to delete services that use/reference the shared folder before you can delete the shared folder. it is the direct reverse of what you did when you created the shared folder and then services that used it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!