Can no longer access share Windows 10 home

• Good day.

I am having an issue in windows 10 1903 version, which I can't seem to locate exactly on the boards here, so I apologize if this has been asked before.

I had a clean install of OMV 4 for my raspberrypi 4 running with one share on my USB 3.0 HDD. The share is set up as guest only access, so no username/password was required to access it. I followed this youtube video for setup (mostly).

Last night, one of the computers on my network did a windows update, and after rebooting, it was no longer capable of reaching the share. This morning, my own computer did the same update, and has the same problem now. The shortcut to the folder has a X on it, and attempting to connect to it shows the following error message:

You cannot connect to the file share because it's not secure. This share requires the obsolete SMB1 protocol, which is unsafe and could expose your system to attack.
    Your system requires SMB2 or higher. For more info on resolving this issue, see:
    https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=852747

I've been working on this for the past several hours, and I've got nowhere on fixing the problem.

The update that was installed was KB4517389, which I can find no info on at all.
    My googling seems to imply that SMB1 was deprecated in 2018, but my PC was capable of accessing the share just yesterday, and hasn't had a major updated since September (to 1903).

If I manually install SMB1 protocols via 'turn windows features on/off' I no longer get the error message above, but instead the share is simply inaccessible, throwing the standard error that would apply if I'd mistyped the name or IP address.

I've seen posts advising to set the minimum protocols on OMV to SMB2, and I've done that in both the global settings, and the settings of the shared folder, with no change.

A third Windows 10 PC can access the share fine, as it hasn't installed the update yet.

I can't rollback this update to troubleshoot further, an unspecified error occurs when it tries that.

Can anyone help me troubleshoot this further? I am very annoyed that a windows update broke my share literally two days after I set the whole thing up, with seemingly no ability to fix it.

Thanks/

Edit:
    I got it to work by not using the hostname of the OMV server in my network drive. I have no idea why this specific windows update stopped me from being able to map a drive as \\raspberrypi\Stuff and instead have to use it's IP address. I leave this here in case anyone else has this same problem.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!