Change mount point without issues

• Hi!
    I'm configuring OMV over a fresh install of debian 10 (buster) and I have a little problem with mount points.
    I didn't like default mount folder name, like dev-by-disk-label-{label}, because they where too long for me, so i edited conf.xml to change those custom names.
    Everything is working find except monit, when I enter logs monit daemon is still triing to find old routes and so web monit harddrives is not working.

On documentation I've found that to reconfigure monit I have to execute "omv-mkconf monit" but I didn't find this command/script anywhere on OMV 5.

I also tried to rollback and keep old names, but, i can't unreference them to delete shares, unmount, and do it again. I disabled all services, and all permisions, and it keeps saying that shared folders are still "referenced".

So, here are my questions:
    - How to change mountpoints from conf.xml correct way?
    - If I did first question ok, how to call omv-mkconf on OMV5?
    - How to unreference shares to change config? I disabled all services (SMB, FTP, SSH,...) and take out all permisions and they're still "referenced", so cant change anyhting.

Thanks guys!

• Hello, sorry if i ask stupid question. i'm transitioning to OMV5 and i would have like to have some mounting points in /media and not in /dev/disk/by_label. COuld you help me to understand the process to do it on OMV5 ?

Where could i find the "permission reset" plugin ?

Thanks for your help

• Offizieller Beitrag

i would have like to have some mounting points in /media and not in /dev/disk/by_label

You definitely can't change the /dev/disk/by_label mounting point. That the actually device discovered by Linux. OMV makes a mount point in /srv/. If that doesn't work, make a symlink from there to /media.

Where could i find the "permission reset" plugin ?

It is called openmediavault-resetperms

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!