Is it possible to update plex (Not docker) ?

• Hi, I was wondering if it's possible to manually update the plex on openmediavault with SSH ? ?(

Yes it is. You must have the proper plex repository configured in OMV for this to work. Then you would run in the shell:

apt-get update
    apt-get upgrade

Any available updated packages will then be downloaded and installed.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Look in OMV | System | OMV-Extras | Repos tab and see if that repo is listed and enabled.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Looks good to me. You will receive updates to Plex when they become available in the repo and when you get regular OMV updates.

You can check to see what version you have installed and what version is currently available in the repo by running this command in the shell:

apt-cache policy plexmediaserver

--

• Installed: 1.14.1.5488-cc260c476
    Candidate: 1.14.1.5488-cc260c476

So I guess there is no updates ?

Would I be able to just run "apt-get update" just to see if there is anything im missing?

This might be a stupid question but where does the " apt-get update " pull the update from ?

Edit, oh I can see it pulls it from GitHub.

So I cant update my server without someone is makeing an update on github ?

• The latest available is:

1.18.2.2029-36236cc4c

So it looks like the repo is not being kept current. I do not know why.

--

• Offizieller Beitrag

@macom wrote this [How-To] on Plex. You will hurt his feelings if you don’t try it. https://forum.openmediavault.o…g-OMV-and-docker-compose/
    There are several other related guides In the Guides section of this forum. They go together and should be read together. Docker is not that hard and there are plenty on this forum willing to help. The Plex plugin will not be available in future versions of OMV, so why not learn the Docker way now?

System Backup Typo alert: Under the Linux section the command should be sudo umount /dev/sda1 NOT sudo unmount /dev/sda1

Backup Data Disk to Backup Disk on Same Machine: In a Scheduled Job:rsync -av --delete /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-f8814ed9-9a5c-4e1c-8830-426968c20ea3/ /srv/dev-disk-by-uuid-e67439d5-00a3-4942-bd5f-b84ab86aa850/ Don't forget trailing slashes, and BE CAREFUL. (HT: Getting Started with OMV5)

Equipment - Thinkserver TS140, NanoPi M4 (v.1), Odroid XU4 (Using DietPi): PiHole

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!