HP Printer Scan to SMB Share Failes, Windows Client Works

• I am trying to get my HP Multi Printer to scan to network share.

I have a share called 'public'. Permissions for owner, group and others is set to RWX (777).

Set up SMB, for this share. 'Guests Allowed', not read only, set browseable. Fired up a Windows VM and from explorer, I can see the share, create a file etc.

On the printer, I setup the same path and a user of 'Guest' - The printer fails the scan to folder, and unfortunately no more information to give. I have enabled debug logging for SMB on OMV but can only see lots of zero byte files under /var/log/samba.

I can't see anything wrong and now stumped trying to get the printer to scan to network.

• I resolved it now.

The logging never hits the /var/log/samba. I did find log lines hitting /var/log/daemon.log. This gave me a clue, as I specified the user Guest for guest access which was incorrect. The logs showed this.

I went to the control panel on the printer and left the user id blank and this worked successfully.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!