Issue with PLEX Docker

• Hi,

Brand new user to OMV and Docker.
    I have setup OMV 5.0.5 with the help youtube videos from Techno Dad Life.
    I have setup Docker along with Portainer.
    I have imported the PLEX container from linuxserver/plex
    When I run PLEX I went to http://ip:32400/web. I sign-in with my PLEX account and am presented with the error message "No soup for you!
    The server you're trying to access doesn't want to let you in. Make sure you're signed in as a user with access to this server."

Sounds like a permission issue, but not sure where to start.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

• If I recall correctly you need to register the server with plex. It has been a while since I've had to register the server with plex. I think you need to go to http://plex.tv and sign in from the the site. I believe, again it has been a while, that the site will then look for the server on your network and register it with your account. If not, you may need to go in to the plex forum on the plex.tv/forum site and see if they can help you.
    HTH
    Eric

• I realized 5.0.5 was still beta which I am not interested in. I re-installed the latest version on OMV 4 with docker and got it working. Now I have transcoding issues on my XBOX One, but not my Sony TV. I will be troubleshooting that next.

h

• I'm running OMV5 and also very new to this. I followed the same youtube video from Techno Dad Life. I successfully got it installed, but hit a roadblock when it comes to claiming. It gives me the error This server is unclaimed and not secure. No idea how to fix this.

I also run to into the transcoding issue too.

• I'm running OMV5 and also very new to this. I followed the same youtube video from Techno Dad Life. I successfully got it installed, but hit a roadblock when it comes to claiming. It gives me the error This server is unclaimed and not secure. No idea how to fix this.

I also run to into the transcoding issue too.

You need to specify which docker image you are using as there are differences between those that are available. You must also already have an account on plex.tv in order to claim a server.

As for the transcoding problem, the drive you point the /config container path to must be mounted executable or the transcoders will fail to run.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• You need to specify which docker image you are using as there are differences between those that are available. You must also already have an account on plex.tv in order to claim a server.
    As for the transcoding problem, the drive you point the /config container path to must be mounted executable or the transcoders will fail to run.

thanks I was using the linuxserver/plex:latest image

I do have an account with plex, but its a free account.

I also checked the transcoding folder in question and confirmed it is mounted executable.

when I attempt to play a video it comes back with "Conversion failed. A required codec could not be found or failed to install."

• Have you signed into your plex account on the server? Free accounts are fine.

You say:

"I also checked the transcoding folder in question and confirmed it is mounted executable."

I do not know what you mean by this. Please clarify. Post your container volume assignments.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• From the container log...

[s6-init] making user provided files available at /var/run/s6/etc...exited 0.,
    [s6-init] ensuring user provided files have correct perms...exited 0.,
    [fix-attrs.d] applying ownership & permissions fixes...,
    [fix-attrs.d] done.,
    [cont-init.d] executing container initialization scripts...,
    [cont-init.d] 10-adduser: executing... ,
    _ (),
    | | ___ _ __,
    | | / __| | | / \ ,
    | | \__ \ | | | () |,
    |_| |___/ |_| \__/,
    Brought to you by linuxserver.io,
    We gratefully accept donations at:,
    https://www.linuxserver.io/donate/,
    GID/UID,
    User uid: 1000,
    User gid: 100,
    [cont-init.d] 10-adduser: exited 0.,
    [cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: executing... ,
    [cont-init.d] 40-chown-files: exited 0.,
    [cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: executing... ,
    [cont-init.d] 50-gid-video: exited 0.,
    [cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: executing... ,
    Docker is used for verisoning skip update check,
    [cont-init.d] 60-plex-update: exited 0.,
    [cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: executing... ,
    [custom-init] no custom files found exiting...,
    [cont-init.d] 99-custom-scripts: exited 0.,
    [cont-init.d] done.,
    [services.d] starting services,
    Starting Plex Media Server.,
    [services.d] done.,

when I say executable I'm saying I set permissions read/write/executable on those folders. I attached pictures and hope this is helpful?

Yes, I did sign out and back in multiple times and every time it will not let me claim server.

• You are confused about folder permissions and a drive being mounted executable.

You have a Path in container /config. This points to the Host/volume /srv/dev-disk-by-label-StorageOne/appdata/plex.

The DRIVE that has the mount point /srv/dev-disk-by-label-StorageOne must be mounted with the exec option in your /etc/fstab file. Is it? Post the contents of your /etc/fstab file if you are not clear on this.

I don't have any suggestions about not being able to claim the server. Logging into your plex.tv account on the server is all that is needed to do this. Exactly what error messages are echoed back to you when claiming fails?

--

• Okay, I understand now. I made the correction to the config.xml. I removed the noexec option from within the fstab. saved my file and then ran "omv-salt deploy run fstab"

still having the issue.

rebooted and test plex again. transcoding failed due to codec issue. What I'm wondering is if I have DNS issue too, but the error I get is Conversion failed. A required codec could not be found or failed to install.

the claim button never comes back with an error.

• After making the change to /etc/fstab did you remount all drives or reboot the machine?

Plex downloads the codecs when needed, so if there is a network problem, this will fail.

I always ask this question, so don't take it personally. I see you used PUID 1000 and PGID 100. Do these correspond to an existing real user and group on the system? Does that user have write permission to the /config and /transcode directorys?

--

• I rebooted the machine. I used PUID 1000 PGID 100 when using command "id Jerry" i then made sure that permissions were set for Jerry on all those shared folders.

I really appreciate your help. I'm not offended at all, because I'm a real noob to this. I want to get better at it.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!