• OMV 5.0.14-1

Case: Elite 310 Cooler Master
    Mother Board: A88XI AC MSI
    Processor: AMD A6-7400K Radeon R5, 6 Compute Cores 2C+4G
    8 GB Ram
    2x 500 GB SSD (1 Boot / 1 Backup via USB 3.0)
    4 WD Red 8TB NAS on RAID10 (for redundancy and storage)

Case and mother board came from spare parts, purchased the drives and 4-5.25in Tray less Hot Swap Mobile Rack for 3.5in Hard Drive - Internal SATA Backplane Enclosure. I was looking into replacing my old DNS321 NAS and retiring Windows Media Center, never could find what I wanted as far as storage, OS and bang for the buck. Then I started reading up on FreeNas and a few of the other Linux based NAS operating systems, after all the pros, cons and testing in Hyper-V went with OMV 5.0.14-1. Liked the setup, OS backup is very easy with the SSD's and Clonezilla. System has been up and running for over a week now with no major pains except for moving files and NOT plugging OMV system into the right battery backup port, power went out twice before I discovered I used the wrong battery backup port. Really like using the WEB GUI and if I need root access, I just PowerShell over to ssh, no real need for a monitor except during backup. Windows 10 dual monitor with a dual HDMI switch works fine for running the backup, Windows 10 don't care, it switches to single monitor while I'm in OMV. OS runs on 20 GB of the 500 GB SSD and the rest is used for extra storage. Upgraded the OEM CPU fan to a DEEPCOOL GAMMAXX 400 for better cooling, already had 2 other case fans front and rear, with a 750 WATT power supply.

Final Note: This mother board has a miniPCI port that came with a WIFI card, removed it and tried a 2 port SATA card, Linux doesn't like it if there is a drive plugged into it, may be caused by the BIOS, not sure? Tried Mint and Debian OS installs with the added card and got the same AHCI not found errors, BIOS is old but has been updated to the latest version. USB 3.0 boots fine with the SSD, just added a 2 bay 3.5 to 2.5 Hot Swap for the SSD's and plugged into the USB 3.0 port on the mother board, only running both SSD drives during backup.

SmokinTiger

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!