ZFS section in the Storage section?

• Can we get a ZFS specific section in the Storage section? Please

I installed ZFS file system and raid on my newly build box...would like to track down or help if I can

Is there any way to add a ZFS "scrub" option in either the S.M.A.R.T section or in the ZFS section so we can setup a cron to scrub the array monthly?
    I already have it set to do short S.M.A.R.T daily, long S.M.A.R.T weekly, and Conveyance weekly as well...would like to schedule a scrub as well
    https://blogs.oracle.com/wonde…isk-scrub-why-and-when-v2

Thanks again for such a GREAT distro!!!! FreeNAS may have ZFS but if you don't understand FreeBSD then it's kinda a moot point (learning curve is rather steep)...but debian/ubuntu/a HUGE amounts of distros out there are easy to understand and tweak...plus they are quite compatible and if a problem is found/fixed on another distro..95% of the time (or more) it will work a champ on OMV.

• Is there any way to add a ZFS "scrub" option in either the S.M.A.R.T section or in the ZFS section so we can setup a cron to scrub the array monthly?

ZFS in no basic component of OMV. The functionality is delivered by the ZFS plugin. Therefore new features have to be added to the plugin. The problem is that the original maintainer seems not to be available anymore for bigger changes. Smaler bugfixes (and the OMV ports?) are done by @ryecoaaron.

Is there any way to add a ZFS "scrub" option in either the S.M.A.R.T section or in the ZFS section so we can setup a cron to scrub the array monthly?

Create a cron job which calls a small script containing zpool scrub <poolname>.

Enable ZED and add your email address than you will be informed about the results. More here: [HOWTO] Instal ZFS-Plugin & use ZFS on OMV

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

ZFS in no basic component of OMV. The functionality is delivered by the ZFS plugin. Therefore new features have to be added to the plugin. The problem is that the original maintainer seems not to be available anymore for bigger changes. Smaler bugfixes (and the OMV ports?) are done by ryecoaaron.

For scrubs, I think it is easier to just add a cron job. This already exists in OMV. I ported the plugin to OMV 5.x but I really don't want to maintain it.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Quite useful dokumentation! The positive thing with ZFS is that you can do almost everything about the command line.
    I don´t want to give up ZFS anymore.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Quite useful dokumentation! The positive thing with ZFS is that you can do almost everything about the command line.
    I don´t want to give up ZFS anymore.

Oh yeah...it's amazing...its like RAID but "automatic" and includes the raidsnap stuff in it (with snapshots and the automatic protections built in)...automatic error correction, ability to check and repair bit creep and more or less maintain itself...

I went with RAIDZ (equivalent of a RAID-5, only "one" parity drive, but they have up to RAIDZ3 which on a HUGE array can provide MORE protection for data than RAID-5 or RAID-6 (think BACKBLAZE)

I'm just so surprised that ZFS isn't a standard option already built in...it seems there is already a package for it (and in debian as well)...the plugin works fine...but the command line really is where the power of the system lies

Found some more documentation
    https://www.howtoforge.com/tut…e-zfs-on-debian-8-jessie/

• I'm just so surprised that ZFS isn't a standard option already built in

One reason for this may be the unresolved license debate about CDDL vs. GPL, which could discourage someone from using ZFS on Linux: ZFS and GPL terror: How much freedom is there in Linux?

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!