Union Filesystems crashes - "Transport endpoint is not connected"

• Offizieller Beitrag

Also, how can I set up SFTP within Docker/Portainer? I want to use this transfer protocoll when moving files from main server to backupserver...

If you have ssh enabled on your system, then sftp is already enabled.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.11 | compose 7.1.3 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• If you have ssh enabled on your system, then sftp is already enabled.

Yes, but I don't want to expose root login to the WAN side of my router. On OMV 4.x I could use the SFTP plugin and change the port to something different than 22, then use this port for file transfers(?)

• SSH/SFTP root login is either disabled by default or easily disabled if not.

You can expose whatever port you wish on your router and forward it to port 22 on OMV. Or you can change the port SSH/SFTP listens on.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• SSH/SFTP root login is either disabled by default or easily disabled if not.

You can expose whatever port you wish on your router and forward it to port 22 on OMV. Or you can change the port SSH/SFTP listens on.

But couldn't people then login to the system with root access? Or are you suggesting create an user for SSH transfers and disable root login?

• But couldn't people then login to the system with root access? Or are you suggesting create an user for SSH transfers and disable root login?

Disable root login in SSH. Then it is not possible to login as the root user. You would have to login as another unprivileged user and su to root or use sudo commands if you need to execute things as root.

You should start a new thread with questions like these. They are off topic for the thread.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!