Possible Problem with OMV5 install with failed samba error

• Hi, while im installing OMV5 using the thread Install OMV5 on Debian Buster 10 i encountered an error seen below.

Install is still ongoing but i got a feeling ill see problems later. Anyone know how i can address it or i was just thinking just re-run the command. Thanks in advance

Code
    apt-get --yes --auto-remove --show-upgraded \
    	--allow-downgrades --allow-change-held-packages \
    	--no-install-recommends \
    	--option Dpkg::Options::="--force-confdef" \
    	--option DPkg::Options::="--force-confold" \
    	install openmediavault-keyring openmediavault
  • Found a script here in the forums for an easy install

Code
    wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/install | sudo bash

but still get the same error.

Should i continue with the next step on the guide?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Your network setup is preventing adding of repo keys. So, you aren't getting packages properly.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Your network setup is preventing adding of repo keys. So, you aren't getting packages properly.

could it be my physical network setup? dsl>router (1st floor) which is wirelessly connected to another router (bridge mode) then another router then raspberry pi.

or is it the pi network setup? right now i have it hard wired but during the initial setup i configured the wireless connection. does setting that up connects both wired and wireless same time? i could prolly find that out later after the script finishes but just wondering...

or it just plain due to slow internet?

tia

• Offizieller Beitrag

That physical network setup sounds pretty terrible and likely the cause. Just from your second screenshot, the system can't connect to the ubuntu keyserver. I doubt internet speed would affect this since it is very low bandwidth. Hard to say what is causing the problem with that setup.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• That physical network setup sounds pretty terrible and likely the cause. Just from your second screenshot, the system can't connect to the ubuntu keyserver. I doubt internet speed would affect this since it is very low bandwidth. Hard to say what is causing the problem with that setup.

hehehe. ill try to connect directly, to the router downstairs. is it ok to turn off pi when im halfway done? im just missing this steps.

Code
    # Populate the database.
    omv-confdbadm populate
    # Display the login information.
    cat /etc/issue

so after directly connect. rerun script and crossfingers XD?

its taking its sweet time or prolly stuck at this step... is it normal? green light is still steady so im just waiting before i do a direct connection.

• Offizieller Beitrag

is it ok to turn off pi when im halfway done? im just missing this steps.

Your previous steps didn't really complete successfully.

rerun script and hope for the best?

The script doesn't perform miracles if the system is in a really weird state (which it seems it might be). I would start with a fresh image.

its taking its sweet time or prolly stuck at this step... is it normal? green light is still steady so im just waiting before i do a direct connection.

I don't see any reason to keep going with your current setup.

• Offizieller Beitrag

ok, will try another one then do a fresh, this whole setup is already 6hrs if im not mistaken so i was avoiding a fresh start

It shouldn't take six hours. Write image to SD card, boot, apt-get update, apt-get dist-upgrade, reboot, run install script.

• ok now i noticed something. after running and setting up the openmediavault with the script.. i thought i was typing the ssh password wrong.. every time i try to get back in all previous fresh install i cant get back into cli after i turn off the pi.. now im in my 6th reinstall after getting the server up after completing the script run. now i tried to open another session of putty and guess what its not taking in the password... how can i check what password is set for ssh after the script was completed?. cause its not taking in the password i changed into after i login first time doing headless install..

• now on this latest install after the script completed. tried a new session. does not access the password i set when i login the first time and before running the script.

now on the left where i have the initial session on before running the script it still accepts the password i set before. i tried changing it and was successful but opening a new session neither the new or the previous password is being accepted.. anyone know what to do?

• i think i got it. just added the pi users in ssh group. was uncheck in webgui. i think im all set for now. btw i wont be destroying pi if i just unplug the power since it doesnt have a power cable right?

• Offizieller Beitrag

i wont be destroying pi if i just unplug the power since it doesnt have a power cable right?

You will not destroy the Pi, but you might damage the files on the SD card. You should shut down the Pi from the GUI of omv or in the CLI with shutdown now

• Offizieller Beitrag

ince Pi doesnt have a power button im just good to turn the power of right?

Why are you turning it off?

now im in my 6th reinstall after getting the server up after completing the script run.

You are going to kill that SD card if you keep reinstalling instead of trying to figure out what happened.

how can i check what password is set for ssh after the script was completed?

The script doesn't set any passwords or create any users.

cause its not taking in the password i changed into after i login first time doing headless install..

Once omv is installed, a user has to be in the ssh group to ssh in. Use the web interface to create a new user and put that user in the ssh and sudo group. I wouldn't use the pi user.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!