new specific user already has privileges - wrong ones

• Hi,

I've just completed my build:
    i5 3570k
    16gb DDR3 Ram
    6x4TB HDD Raid6 (+2x3TB soon, probably Raid1)
    (SFP+ Network card soon)

I've immediately turned my focus to OMV since I dabbled with it briefly on my raspberry pi 3 a few years ago and liked it very much.

My linux time ended back in 2005 so I asked a friend of mine to help me with it a little and we've encountered an interesting problem (99% sure we made the mistake):

The RAID6 is supposed to serve as a storage space for work (I edit videos on a professional basis) but there should be folders for private use as well so I need several users with their own respective folders and according permissions.
    We used CIFS/SMB and couldn't quite figure how to set everything up (users need to go to the sambashare group apparently and privileges should not be set using ACL) and I think this is where we've made a mistake.
    When creating the specific user "domenik" it already has privileges for certain folders and is unable to access the SMB shares, no matter what we do. There must be some permissions stored somewhere else that get associated with this user profile after creating. Everything else works fine for now. How do we reset these privileges?

Btw, the email notification password gets saved as clear text in the omv configuration file. Is this normal?

edit:
    Just as I wrote this I get this error message from OMV:

Code
    Error #0:
    OMV\Config\DatabaseException: Failed to execute XPath query '//system/shares/sharedfolder[uuid='2ad2398e-c6a8-4b4e-8723-9f91ce87a0c8']'. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/config/database.inc:78
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/smb.inc(126): OMV\Config\Database->get('conf.system.sha...', '2ad2398e-c6a8-4...')
    #1 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceSmb->getShareList(Array, Array)
    #2 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)
    #3 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getShareList', Array, Array)
    #4 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('SMB', 'getShareList', Array, Array, 1)
    #5 {main}

and the single configured share is gone.
    When I try to add a new one I get this: (can't add a second code)

Error #0:OMV\ExecException: Failed to execute command 'export PATH=/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin; export LANG=C.UTF-8; systemctl start 'smbd' 2>&1' with exit code '1': Job for smbd.service failed because the control process exited with error code.See "systemctl status smbd.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details. in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/process.inc:182Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(86): OMV\System\Process->execute(Array, 1)#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/system/systemctl.inc(104): OMV\System\SystemCtl->exec('start', NULL, false)#2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/module/samba.inc(64): OMV\System\SystemCtl->enable(true)#3 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(194): OMVModuleSamba->startService()#4 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChanges(Array, Array)#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#6 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(149): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChanges', Array, Array)#7 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(565): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->OMV\Rpc\{closure}('/tmp/bgstatusi1...', '/tmp/bgoutputF3...')#8 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(159): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->execBgProc(Object(Closure))#9 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/config.inc(213): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethodBg('applyChanges', Array, Array)#10 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceConfig->applyChangesBg(Array, Array)#11 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#12 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('applyChangesBg', Array, Array)#13 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(537): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Config', 'applyChangesBg', Array, Array, 1)#14 {main}

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!