OMV 4.1.27-1 crashes sometimes (often)

• Hallo everyone,

I have a questions. I've read about someone who has his Raspberry Pi with OMV installed about one year running. But my system crashes sometimes. sometimes after 7 days, sometimes a bit later.

Does this has to do with my version of OMV?

Because I have an Raspberry Pi 4 (2Gb) with OMV Version 4.1.27-1. As far as I know this is a kind of a jabby version because OMV 4 is not fully optimized for RPi4. I don't know if this is correct, thats my knowledge. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm new to OMV and NAS on RPi.

Thank you for your help.

Version of System: ARMBIAN 5.46 experimental Debian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch) 4.19.75-v7l+

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von daniel0319 () aus folgendem Grund: System Version

• Offizieller Beitrag

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Okay, So you mean I should use your script to get OMV 5.x with the newest Rabian Buster Image?

Yes. Just make sure to use the Buster Lite image.

How can I get all my settings to the new system?

You have to manually transfer them. So, you might need to use screenshots.

I backup my system every night with the backup option on the webif. Can I use the files from the backup to get all settings back?

No since your backups are OMV 4.x and they would restore the problematic parts of that image.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Yes. Just make sure to use the Buster Lite image.

You have to manually transfer them. So, you might need to use screenshots.

No since your backups are OMV 4.x and they would restore the problematic parts of that image.

Okay Thank you very much for your help. Then this would be a bigger project to switch to OMV 5.x.

But with your script the installation ist easy or do I need to consider other things?

• Offizieller Beitrag

But with your script the installation ist easy or do I need to consider other things?

I tried to make it as easy as I could.

• I am not sure if I should do the upgrade to OMV5 because it is also in Beta so why should this work better. I think I'll wait with OMV 5.

I had this morning another error of OMV. I couldn't connect to the webif. I had to do a hard reset.

Can some look at my log to give me a feedback what could be the reason?

What log shout I upload? If this can help...

Thank you.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am not sure if I should do the upgrade to OMV5 because it is also in Beta so why should this work better. I think I'll wait with OMV 5.

On the RPi4, I think OMV 5.x is more stable than OMV 4.x.

I had this morning another error of OMV. I couldn't connect to the webif. I had to do a hard reset.

Can some look at my log to give me a feedback what could be the reason?

What log shout I upload? If this can help...

There are many, many reasons this could happen. You would have to upload all of the logs. I also wouldn't spend my time trying to figure out OMV 4.x problems on an RPi4. There are just too many issues with that because Armbian isn't really supported on RPis.

• Hello everyone,

Its been a long time since I started this thread, but unfortunately I have the same problems again with OMV 6.

Sometimes the OMV isn‘t reachable. So I have to do a hard reset.

Is there a way to know where this comes from?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Its been a long time since I started this thread, but unfortunately I have the same problems again with OMV 6.

Sometimes the OMV isn‘t reachable. So I have to do a hard reset.

If you continue to have the same problems with OMV6, I would check the local network. It is difficult for it to be the same problem after so much time.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Not without plugging a monitor into the system. If I had to guess, I would say bad SD card.

• Raspberry Pi 4 (2Gb)

Depending on what you have, the Pi might runnning OOM ("out of memory") and crashing.

Or, and again, this depends on what you have connected to the Pi and the type of Power supply you are using, might be also crashing due to under voltage.

Or, as ryecoaaron mentioned, your SDcard might be going bad.

But these are only assumptions since you didn't gave ANY valuable info other than the Pi you are using.

I really hate shooting darts.... So, more info is needed to (even start) to help you.

Did you use a brand new, high quality SDcard when going for OMV6? Or have you been re-using the SDcard from old?

Which drives are you using? Are they self-powered?

How are they connected to the Pi?

Which plugins/services you have running?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!