openmediavault 4.1.27 stable lots of errors?

• So I have been installing OMV and get a lot of errors most of the time i have been at it off and on for over 10 hours.

I have installed it over 15 times
    I started with the pi running omv and the pi-hole all works well then a few days go by I will do a apt-get update it will pause and timeout. Trying to set the network interface it just crashes.
    So i moved to a PC
    I more or less get the same errors raise network interfaces after running omv-firstaid and setting a static ip address it just hangs out

I finally was able to get the os set on a flash drive running pi-hole it works great. I know flash drives burn out so I wanted to set OMV on a ssd

there is no way to export the profile. I tried useing gparted to clone the flash drive to a ssd No luck it just freezes right after post

I know Im not expert but should be be crashing on a fresh install just setting a static ip address or timing out on a apt update ?

So I get some following common errors
    1. crashing /hanging up after using omv-firstaid to set a static ip adress
    2. apt update lots of error or double entry
    3. Failed to start Raise network

As I say I did get it to install a few times on a flash drive it really worked great. Is the new version not stable? Do i try a old version ?

I did try version 5 a few times it just crashes right after it starts.
    thanks for takeing the time to read my post

• mine were all fresh installs from .27

im kind of at a loss I really like OMV but im burned out.

The box is a 5 gen i3 with 8 gigs of ram

boot drive is ssd and so is share.

system is stable as far as I can see ran omv fine off flash drive.
    run mint and win 10 no problem
    both drives pass smart test and are ssd so it should be stable.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Perhaps you are too quick? Let the installation and automatic update finish. When you think it is done, wait half an hour. Or over night. Then update manually using the GUI.

There should be no errors, except for the infamous python update glitch. Weakref.py or whatever.

Don't have anything unnecessary connected during the fresh install. Disconnect all drives except the system drive.

Don't change ANY settings before you backup/clone the system drive. If it is a thumbdrive or a SD card that is very easy.

Only then add drives and change settings.

If anything goes wrong, revert back to the working backup.

• Have you tried running the packages upgrade from the web-ui and then setting the static ip?
    If setting the static ip from the web-ui crashes the system you can also try setting a static ip from the console.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't have a static IP set in OMV. I have static leases, for all my servers, set in my DHCP-server. Much easier to have one central spot where I can manage all the fixed IPs in my network. That way I can avoid many strange errors in the network.

If setting a static IP in OMV can mess up OMV, I'll make extra sure to not do that!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!