Error 1962: No operating system found. Boot sequence will automatically repeat.​

• I've been able to install OMV on an old Lenovo M93p Tiny, with the OS sitting on a 64gb USB3 stick. However I've an irritating boot issue which I can't clear up as my knowledge of computing outside windows is slim! Which is part of the reason for installing OMV to try to learn something new.

Anyway the issue is that when turning on the Lenovo I get the following error, which the machine just sits at.

Error 1962: No operating system found. Boot sequence will automatically repeat.

However, if I CtrlAltDel 3 times in quick succession, Grub is eventually loaded and I'm able to log in fine. :huh: I can't fathom out why this is happening (the boot error itself) and it's stopping me being able to run the machine as a little nas with confidence. I've been scouring the net and it seems many other Lenovo owners have the same issue in one guise or another. Unfortunately my unfamiliarity with Debian/Unix/Ubuntu etc is stopping me from understanding what people are concluding.

Many people are talking about EFI partitions and editing or renaming files. I'm at a loss how to do this though as I simply don't know how to get at those files (if they exist) on my USB drive? I can't look at it in windows as it doesn't understand the OS and simply asks to format it. Here's a link to where some people say they've solved it.

https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2243715&page=3

Could anyone help me decipher how to fix this issue? For instance how to I simply check the contents of my USB drive now within OMV? Is there a file manager and a text editor somewhere?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!