Portainer can't connect to docker daemon

• Hi, i'm new to linux and i have been following this guide on youtube

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.
    i have installed portainer when i click connect on Local (manage the local docker environment) i'm getting this error: Failure Cannot connect to the Docker daemon at unix:///var/run/docker.sock. Is the docker daemon running?

i am running OMV 5 on raspbian buster lite.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von twigman () aus folgendem Grund: wrong youtube link

• Offizieller Beitrag

Post a screenshot of the Settings tab of omv-extras.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Here are the screenshots

The portainer status box should say something like "Up 19 hours". So, I would click the Install Portainer button again. If that doesn't work, then post the output of: docker logs Portainer

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• Here is the logs.

• Offizieller Beitrag

entered this docker rm -fv $(docker ps -aq

While omv-extras doesn't force it, it is basically doing the same thing - https://github.com/OpenMediaVa…in/omv-installdocker#L106. Not sure why that didn't work on your system.

• I have the same issue and I googled forever but I could not find the solution finally I looked at the logs and I saw that Apparmor was blocking the network connection for portainer. Hopefully this helps others.
    Might be a good idea to remove apparmor on the OMV 5 install script just in case.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Might be a good idea to remove apparmor on the OMV 5 install script just in case

apparmor shouldn't be installed if you use the netinstall image and install minimal debian or if you use the armbian/raspbian images.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von ryecoaaron ()

• For all with the same problem. You can use portainer with apparmor. I have use this command:

Code
    docker run -d -p 9000:9000 --name portainer --security-opt apparmor=unconfined --restart always -v /var/run/docker.sock:/var/run/docker.sock -v portainer_data:/data portainer/portainer

the option

Code
    --security-opt apparmor=unconfined

is the solution.

Background: I have the same problem and i have seek on google for a lot of time. Here ist the solution: http://dockerlabs.collabnix.com/advanced/security/apparmor/

• apparmor should be installed if you use the netinstall image and install minimal debian or if you use the armbian/raspbian images.

Is apparmor only required by Debian for installation purposes to verify packages or is this even needed moving forward?

• Offizieller Beitrag

Is apparmor only required by Debian for installation purposes to verify packages or is this even needed moving forward?

Sorry, I meant to say "shouldn't". It isn't needed for anything.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!