OMV 5: OpenVPN with Docker on ARM

• Anyone know how to set up OpenVPN in Docker/Portainer on ARM boards? I have recently upgraded to OMV 5, but can't find any straight forward OpenVPN dockers for ARM boards (linuxserver/openvpn-as isn't supported...).

• Offizieller Beitrag

While the most popular image on docker hub doesn't have an image on docker hub, its github repo does have an aarch64 dockerfile - https://github.com/kylemanna/docker-openvpn. It should have everything need in the readme to get it going.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Thanks to both of you! :)

While the most popular image on docker hub doesn't have an image on docker hub, its github repo does have an aarch64 dockerfile - https://github.com/kylemanna/docker-openvpn. It should have everything need in the readme to get it going.

So this have to be configured via terminal and not within the Portainer GUI itself?

Then I much more would like the ledokun/armhf-docker-transmission-openvpn which seems like an ordinary Docker set up(?)

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes, my suggestion requires the command line ( =O ). If someone says an image works, use it. I don't use vpn.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• In Portainer you can paste a version 2 docker-compose file into the Create Stack > Stacks > Add stack page and it will create the container for you.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Cool! I will test it out.

All I want to do is connect to my backup server (which is on a different location) remotely. I am not going to do big data transfers, I just want to access the router and the server there - in case I want to change some settings. In that case, do you suggest using Wireguard before OpenVPN? The most important to me is security.

• I used ledokun/armhf-docker-transmission-openvpn:latest It worked perfectly for me.

Could you please tell me where to get this openVPN for armhf (rpi 3B+) docker and how to set it up in OMV? The plug in doesn't work anymore for me and I was looking for a replacement in docker but couldn't find anything for arm/raspberry pi.

• Offizieller Beitrag

Could you please tell me where to get this openVPN for armhf (rpi 3B+) docker and how to set it up in OMV? The plug in doesn't work anymore for me and I was looking for a replacement in docker but couldn't find anything for arm/raspberry pi.

https://hub.docker.com/r/ledok…cker-transmission-openvpn

• Thank you for your reply! Basically I only need a VPN to connect to my home network from the outside through my raspberry pi...what I see here it is much more than that it includes also transmission? On top of this I do not have a custom VPN provide (like NordVPN or similar). Is there a more simple docker out here with just the openvpn (like the plug in OMV which does not work anymore).

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!