Which filesystem

• Well, you told me about github.com/ambv/bitrot for bitrot protection on normal filesystems.
    I was expecting to use that one, or maybe the one snapraid uses, but if I need parity drive for snapraid to use integrity protection, then, that will not work with me, as I am not willing to use a parity disk for my data. I prefer having only the backup, which is enough for me, at least for the non-important data I have.
    In case of important data I will mount parity disk, but not for the no important one.
    The only thing I am wondering is, if snapraid will work with 2 disks, making the sort of RAID1 I am searching for, but without being "on live" RAID.

Regarding for my "non important" data, apart from github.com/ambv/bitrot do you know any other system that can protect me, and give me integrity protection? Will btrfs work with OMV on its last version, with 4 disks and mergerfs?
    I know about other FS for data integrity like ZFS, but what I really want is to be able to use mergerfs, so that I can add multiple disks in a future, without problems, and having the ability to scrub my data time to time.
    BTW, do you know, if I can setup 4 individual ZFS filesystems for my 4 disks, and then merge them? I think that might give me, what I am searching for.

Kind regards

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!