Another plex + docker problem

• Hi,

I'm trying to install plex using docker, trying to set up everyhing with youtube tutorial and I'm stuck with error while I try to "Run Image" I get this error:
    Error response from daemon: Conflict. The container name "/plex" is already in use by container "xxx355a7cxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx22axxxxxx". You have to remove (or rename) that container to be able to reuse that name.See 'docker run --help'.
    The thing is I can't find any other plex container ||

• docker ps returns

Code
    CONTAINER ID        IMAGE                     COMMAND             CREATED             STATUS              PORTS                                                                            NAMES
    a99355a7c645        linuxserver/plex:latest   "/init"             6 hours ago         Up 6 hours          3005/tcp, 8324/tcp, 1900/udp, 32410/udp, 32400/tcp, 32412-32414/udp, 32469/tcp   plex

so the question now is how to stop it? Stop GUI button doesn't seem to work

• Offizieller Beitrag

docker container stop plex

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• this helped, thanks. Looks like I'm one error further

Docker log shows:

yet web interface didn't start

• I've noticed that, thanks. After changing docker network settings (from bridge to host) I was able to get to setup page, add libaries, and now I'm stuck almost at the end.
    Plex is unable to play videos.

ERROR - [Transcoder] Unknown decoder 'h264'
    Nov 30, 2019 11:33:10.736 [0x7f73a92de700] DEBUG - Jobs: '/usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Transcoder' exit code for process 1437 is 1 (failure)

Does transcode folder require some special permissions?

• Does transcode folder require some special permissions?

The host path that corresponds to the container path /transcode must be readable, writable, and enter-able by the user the container runs as.

The host path that corresponds to the container path /config must me readable, writable, and enter-able by the user the container runs as and must located on a drive that is mounted with exec capability.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von gderf ()

• I realize that I'm missing some basic linux knowledge, but I hate leaving things unfinished.

root@omv:docker exec -it cc3c248bfb2a ps -ef | grep plex
    root 258 1 0 19:08 ? 00:00:00 s6-supervise plex
    abc 261 258 0 19:08 ? 00:00:04 /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Me
    abc 292 261 1 19:08 ? 00:00:09 Plex Plug-in [com.plexapp.system
    abc 347 261 0 19:08 ? 00:00:00 /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Tu
    abc 385 261 0 19:08 ? 00:00:04 Plex Plug-in [com.plexapp.agents

since docker plex is runing at abc user(?) and /transcode and /config are made by root, using chmod abc pathtotranscode will fix that?

• You are looking at the filesystem inside the running container. You need to be looking at the Volume/Bind Mounts on the host instead.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Found the solution here:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Plex is now working like a charm, thanks guys.

• Found the solution here:

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

Plex is now working like a charm, thanks guys.

Wow! This video saved me too!
    Well done.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!