Wake On Lan question - not too important

• Here is a link to a website which explains what to do and the several WOL options. Wake on LAN unter Linux It is in German, but I hope you can online translate it or find a similar web page in English.

For me it should be the option "p" (Wake on PHY activity). I didn´t see an option only for ping.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• When I check what could be enabled there's nothing else except g.

Did you check with ethtool <lanport>, as suggested in my link? If the result is only "g" for wake-on-lan-support, then only MagicPacket is supported by your NIC and can´t be changed.

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• I have a Synology NAS at home and it wakes up when I try to access it. At least it stops the HDD and fans when it is not used for 20 mins.

If wake on p wouldn't work, how can I do that? (Stop the vents, all the processes and the HDD, but if I open the share in file manager or browser the NAS starts these again.)

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!