Limiting CPU for containers

• Hi!

I'm relatively new to this but I've been searching for a way to do this but I just can't wrap my head around how to.

I'm using OMV4.x and I have docker installed. In docker I'm running a container with Handbrake, whenever Handbrake does it thing my CPU is running very high and I'm afraid my plex container will suffer from this. What I want to do is to limit handbreak to only run on 2 cores/cpus but I cant seem to get it working.

I've tried to localize a config-file and what I found was:

none of these seems to have anything specifed for CPU pre-written when I checked them out with the nano command and I don't want to wreck my machine. Does anyone have an idea of how and where I can change this? Couldn't find anything on the docker infopage for Handbrake either.

• Offizieller Beitrag

You need to add --cpus=2 to the extra options box when creating the container. https://docs.docker.com/config…ers/resource_constraints/

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!