Shell commands

• When i log in as root on OMV or using shellinabox certain commands work and others dont.

"ls" returns nothing but the next command prompt

"/proc/cpuinfo" returns permission denied

"ip a" works as expected

I am able to navigate to sharedfolders and then "ls" works

Ideas?

• ls" returns nothing but the next command prompt

Then your root folder is empty except for .-files, which are not shown by default. That´s normal for a default root directory.

"/proc/cpuinfo" returns permission denied

Try CLI> cd /proc then CLI> cat cpuinfo or CLI> cat cpuinfo|more for better reading.

Or simply CLI> cat /proc/cpuinfo

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von cabrio_leo ()

• Offizieller Beitrag

The internet is crowded with command line tutorials.

If you search for "bash command line tutorial" you will get lots of great information and help. Bash is one of the command line shells you can use in OMV, but the other you are likely to encounter, sh and dash, are almost identical.

Here are a few nice sites for command line beginners:

https://www.unr.edu/research-c…ng-the-grid/bash-commands

https://dev.to/awwsmm/101-bash…beginners-to-experts-30je

By knowing a little about the command line you will be able to understand scripts and perhaps even edit or write your own scripts. A very similar command line is available for Mac, Windows, Linux and Android phones.

If you learn about SSH you can skip shell in a box and connect directly to the OMV server from your computer, tablet, phone or whatever. And to other devices that are accessible using SSH.

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

• Thank you both, did solve my problem and more, still learning the linux command line, am an old school from back in dos 3.3, took me this long to convert. Don't pick up like I did back then :)

ps, ssh is working well now, even have omv pushing a rsync to a mint desktop after adding rsa key

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!