https for all my subdomains wont work

• Hi Forum,

i had this setup 2 weeks ago up and running. Since i had a HW failure, i needed a new MainBoard, CPU and RAM.
    Now to my problem... i cant reach to my Nextcloud, Bitwarden and GiTea over the internet via https.
    All the Containers come up without problem. Logs shows no error...
    I deleted all the Containers and the volumes to see if i can solve the error but nothing.

i'm desperate searching the error since 1 week allredy... ;(X(

DuckDNS

Code: docker-compose.yml
    version: "2"
    services:
      duckdns:
        image: linuxserver/duckdns
        container_name: duckdns
        env_file:
          - ./duckdns.env
        volumes:
          - /var/docker/appdata/duckdns/:/config
        restart: unless-stopped
    Code: duckdns.env
    PUID=1001
    PGID=100
    TZ=Europe/Zurich
    SUBDOMAINS=mysubdomain
    TOKEN=TOKEN_FROM_DNS_SERVICE_PROVIDER

Letsencrypt

Code: letsencrypt.env
    PUID=1001
    PGID=100
    TZ=Europe/Zurich
    URL=mysubdomain.duckdns.org
    SUBDOMAINS=wildcard
    VALIDATION=duckdns
    DUCKDNSTOKEN=TOKEN_FROM_DNS_SERVICE_PROVIDER
    EMAIL=EMAIL@EMAIL.COM

NextCloud

I did also the Modification on the Letsencrypt-ReverseProxy-Conf and on the Nextcloud Conig.php
    looks like this:

many Thanks for the help!

Regards
    etfraxor

• I'm not familiar with the network config in your letsencrypt setup:

Code
    networks:
      proxy:

Maybe try also using the external network arg as in your nextcloud config. You need to manually create the network before (what you probably already know).

Code
    networks:
        default:
            external:
                name: letsencrypt_proxy
  • Hi Morlan,

thx for your hint.
    normally on my way when I execute the docker-compose up -d then this will create the network lets encrypt_proxy

When I inspect the docker network, then letsencrypt and nextcloud container are on the same network.

I think that the problem is on the letsencrypt container. Because by don't activate the reverse proxy-conf on the nginx, and don't make the modification on the config.php of nextcloud, Nextcloud is working with the URL: https://192.168.1.x:445

• What error message to you get? The nginx "welcome to our server" or something else?

The network part is important that letsencrypt and nextcloud can commicate over the docker dns-service. But when inspect shows them in the same network this seems fine.

In the past this argument in the nextcloud.subdomain.conf caused a problem on my machine. Maybe try to comment it out.

proxy_max_temp_file_size 2048m;

Also as a sidenote its recommended practice to use the definitive paths like /srv/dev-disk-by-label-... as a path to your bind mount instead of the /sharedfolder/path

volumes:
    - /var/docker/appdata/nextcloud/config:/config
    - /sharedfolders/nextcloud/:/data

• Morlan,
    you know what?! i could solve it...
    I created a new Subdomain on DuckDNS and this made the trick...

everything was the same...
    maybe with the change of my machine and stuff... the certificate or something else broke.

well... now I'm happy again!

Thanks for your time!

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!