Out of drive space making backup

• Resolved
    • Out of drive space making backup

I was creating a new backup to an external ftp server when I apparently ran out of disk space while running one of the jobs. I was using duplicati to perform the backup. Now I can't open any of the drive tabs in OMV - every one produces an error. I am a bit of a noob with this stuff so I am not sure where else to turn. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Error #0:OMV\Exception: Failed to read file '/tmp/bgstatusu2hrWi' (size=0). in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc:207Stack trace:#0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc(223): OMV\Json\File->getContents()#1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(385): OMV\Json\File->read()#2 /usr/share/openmediavault/engined/rpc/exec.inc(89): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->getBgProcStatus('/tmp/bgstatusu2...')#3 [internal function]: OMVRpcServiceExec->getOutput(Array, Array)#4 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/serviceabstract.inc(123): call_user_func_array(Array, Array)#5 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/rpc/rpc.inc(86): OMV\Rpc\ServiceAbstract->callMethod('getOutput', Array, Array)#6 /usr/sbin/omv-engined(536): OMV\Rpc\Rpc::call('Exec', 'getOutput', Array, Array, 1)#7 {main}
    • You have to use the CLI to cleanup your full root filesystem.
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit
    • You have to look at /srv/<XYZ>. This is where the filesystems are mounted. In your case is seems to be that the target filesystem was not mounted, thus duplicati wrote into the root filesystem.
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit
    • votdev wrote:

You have to look at /srv/<XYZ>. This is where the filesystems are mounted. In your case is seems to be that the target filesystem was not mounted, thus duplicati wrote into the root filesystem.
      so in /srv it looks like a listing of drives? Any idea as to where I would be looking for the bad files? I went through the subdirectories and nothing jumped out at me

dev-disk-by-label-Backup, Docker, HomeMEDIA, Movies, Windows

Also there was a folder called "ftp" which did not have the "dev-disk-by-label prefix.

The post was edited 1 time, last by muchgooder ().