Making warning box nicer

• Resolved

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Making warning box nicer

I love OMV wholeheartedly. It's an exceptional piece of software, not only extremely convenient, but it's just... beautiful.

But OMV has its fly in the ointment - absolutely terrible and misleading warning box. When I first typed my password incorrectly and saw 'System Failure!" flashed red before my eyes I subconsciously expected the FBI to break my door and I got arrested.
      Regarding the 'misleading' part I can do nothing (or can?), but I can correct 'terrible'.

Here is my fix:
      /var/www/openmediavault/css/theme-custom.css

CSS Source Code

1. .x-message-box-guru {
      2. width: 100%;
      3. background-color: #5fa2dd;
      4. padding: 7px;
      5. }
      6. .x-message-box-guru-body {
      7. padding: 12px 0px 12px 0px;
      8. border: none;
      9. color: #f0f0f0;
      10. font-size: 16px;
      11. font-weight: 400;
      12. font-family: 'Open Sans', 'Helvetica Neue', helvetica, arial, verdana, sans-serif;
      13. line-height: 20px;
      14. text-align: center;
      15. animation: none;
      16. }
      Display All
    • This won't be changed ever because this is a tribute to the Amiga computer system. I assume most of the OMV users are too young to understand this hint.
      Absolutely no support through PM!

I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

Litany against fear by Bene Gesserit
    • My first PC was a Spectrum-compatible one. It was called 'Robik' and was produced by the factory in my hometown.
      My second was father's Robotron 1715. Very heavy and large beast with a 1mm-thick metal case. Green numeric-alphabetic display, two 5.25" FDDs, and keyboard you can withstand zombie-apocalypse with it.
      Third one was Robotron too, but IBM XT compatible. With a huge 20 Mb HDD drive!

And very next PC I bought myself was Pentium 166 MMX.

I never encountered Amiga in my life.
      Commodore 64, Atari, MSX, PCs from XT to Pentiums and Athlons. But never Amiga.