external usb disk spin down and spin up every 15 seconds

• Hi,
    I have an external usb hard drive connected to my Raspberry Pi 3 using omv.
    Every 15 seconds or so, the disk stop making noise (seems to spin down), then after 15 seconds it spin up and so on all the time...
    I've tried disabling Smart options, disk power options, monitoring options without luck.

A clue coud be this: syslog shows resource limit message almost every 10 seconds:
    Dec 2 00:10:56 raspberrypi monit[1190]: 'filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-chris4TB' space usage 87.2% matches resource limit [space usage>85.0%]
    Dec 2 00:11:26 raspberrypi monit[1190]: 'filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-chris4TB' space usage 87.2% matches resource limit [space usage>85.0%]
    Dec 2 00:11:57 raspberrypi monit[1190]: 'filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-chris4TB' space usage 87.2% matches resource limit [space usage>85.0%]

Where "filesystem_srv_dev-disk-by-label-chris4TB" is the external usb hard drive, used for data storage only, OMV is on the SD card.
    Except the fact that I can hear the disk spinning on and off, I don't have any issue, I can read/write that disk when needed.

Do you think that it could be the cause?

Regards,
    Christophe

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!