Easy Script Install Openmediavault 5 Raspberry Pi 4​, errors executing the installation script.

• Hello all,

I'm trying to install OMV5 on my new Raspberry 4. To do so, I tried to follow the tutorial available in Youtube Easy Script Install Openmediavault 5 Raspberry Pi 4

So, in the step in which you copy and paste the command line "wget -O - https://github.com/OpenMediaVault-Plugin-Developers/installScript/raw/master/install | sudo bash", it starts and quickly I get the following error:
    The following NEW packages will be installed: postfix ssl-cert 0 upgraded, 2 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded. Need to get 1393 kB/1414 kB of archives. After this operation, 3738 kB of additional disk space will be used. Err:1 http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian buster/main armhf postfix armhf 3.4.5-1 404 Not Found [IP: 93.93.128.193 80] E: Failed to fetch http://raspbian.raspberrypi.org/raspbian/pool/main/p/postfix/postfix_3.4.5-1_armhf.deb 404 Not Found [IP: 93.93.128.193 80] E: Unable to fetch some archives, maybe run apt-get update or try with --fix-missing? failed installing postfix

do you know whether the script still works or maybe some steps were moved to another place and now they do not work?

your support is welcome..
    thanks in advance,
    Nacho.

• Offizieller Beitrag

do you know whether the script still works or maybe some steps were moved to another place and now they do not work?

I guess I can add an apt-get update to the beginning of the script to avoid this but I generally recommend (I see the guide doesn't) fully upgrading the image before installing OMV.

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

Script is updated. Run the wget command again.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• thanks ryecoaaron to be so quick!!
    Now the script ended like this (paste last lines..):
    /usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/utils/path.py:265: DeprecationWarning: Using or importing the ABCs from 'collections' instead of from 'collections.abc' is deprecated, and in 3.8 it will stop working
    if not isinstance(exes, collections.Iterable):
    raspberrypi:
    ----------
    ID: configure_default_cpufrequtils
    Function: file.managed
    Name: /etc/default/cpufrequtils
    Result: True
    Comment: File /etc/default/cpufrequtils updated
    Started: 15:36:12.275816
    Duration: 97.637 ms
    Changes:
    ----------
    diff:
    ---
    +++
    @@ -1,3 +1,4 @@
    +ENABLE="true"
    GOVERNOR="ondemand"
    +MAX_SPEED="1500000"
    MIN_SPEED="600000"
    -MAX_SPEED="1500000"
    ----------
    ID: configure_default_loadcpufreq
    Function: file.managed
    Name: /etc/default/loadcpufreq
    Comment: File /etc/default/loadcpufreq is in the correct state
    Started: 15:36:12.373795
    Duration: 13.707 ms
    Changes:
    ----------
    ID: start_cpufrequtils_service
    Function: service.running
    Name: cpufrequtils
    Comment: Service restarted
    Started: 15:36:12.509688
    Duration: 172.963 ms
    Changes:
    ----------
    cpufrequtils:
    True
    ----------
    ID: start_loadcpufreq_service
    Function: service.running
    Name: loadcpufreq
    Comment: The service loadcpufreq is already running
    Started: 15:36:12.684592
    Duration: 81.988 ms
    Changes:

Summary for raspberrypi
    ------------
    Succeeded: 4 (changed=2)
    Failed: 0
    ------------
    Total states run: 4
    Total run time: 366.295 ms
    pi@raspberrypi:

Then, I close the terminal and start session through browser, unfortunately seems it does not work..

Error #0:
    OMV\Exception: Failed to read file '/var/cache/openmediavault/cache.omv\controlpanel\login_js.json' (size=0). in /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc:207
    Stack trace:
    #0 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/json/file.inc(223): OMV\Json\File->getContents()
    #1 /usr/share/php/openmediavault/controlpanel/controlpanelabstract.inc(173): OMV\Json\File->read()
    #2 /var/www/openmediavault/index.php(46): OMV\ControlPanel\ControlPanelAbstract->render()
    #3 {main}

• Offizieller Beitrag

Then, I close the terminal and start session through browser, unfortunately seems it does not work..

None of that output looks bad. The failed to read file is usually a browser cache issue. Did you click Refresh in the browser or do a ctrl-shift-R?

• Hi,

error still occurs after refreshing (using Safari from my laptop), even occurs trying to access from my mobile (chrome).. so definitely is not an issue with the browser cache..

thanks in advance for your continuos support!

• Offizieller Beitrag

An error must have occurred before the output you posted. So, hard to guess what happened. I have tested this script many times on my RPi4. Post the output from:

omv-salt deploy run nginx
    omv-salt deploy run phpfpm

• Hi,

I'm trying to login via Terminal SSH but seems I lost credentials, I'm trying with 'root' and 'openmediavault' pair which apparently are proper one but I get "Permission denied"..

..and webadmin is not allowed because the error..

any idea?

• Offizieller Beitrag

I'm trying to login via Terminal SSH but seems I lost credentials, I'm trying with 'root' and 'openmediavault' pair which apparently are proper one but I get "Permission denied"..

The root password isn't set on the Raspbian image. So, it definitely isn't openmediavault. The pi user should have a default password of 1234 and that user has sudo privileges.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!