NTFS Drives

• Good evening all,

Hope you all are well. I have a couple of drives on my original windows pc which served as my media server. All the usb disks are full and formatted as NTFS.
    I'm rebuilding a new OMV system and would like to use these disks and the media on them. My question is could I leave these file systems as is in order to access the media on my network? Does OMV read NTFS slower then any of the other file systems?

Your suggestions and input is greatly appreciated.

Regards

• It is possible to mount a NTFS drive. But you shouldn´t use a NTFS formatted disk as a OMV data drive.

See this and subsequent posts: OMV NTFS oder EXT4
    Or this: Format Hard Drive for NTFS in OpenMediaVault

OMV 3.0.100 (Gray style)

ASRock Rack C2550D4I C0-stepping - 16GB ECC - 6x WD RED 3TB (ZFS 2x3 Striped RaidZ1) - Fractal Design Node 304 -

3x WD80EMAZ Snapraid / MergerFS-pool via eSATA - 4-Bay ICYCube MB561U3S-4S with fan-mod

• Offizieller Beitrag

Yes. OMV allows you to mount NTFS drives. That means that you can copy files to/from NTFS drives directly from/to shared folders in OMV. That may be much faster than copying over the network.

I would recommend you to use the plugin resetperms after copying files into shared folders directly. If you copy over the network that is not needed.

Using NTFS drives for shared folders may cause problems and low performance.

Be smart - be lazy. Clone your rootfs.
    OMV 5: 9 x Odroid HC2 + 1 x Odroid HC1 + 1 x Raspberry Pi 4

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!