Please wait ... Apply configuration changes

• Offizieller Beitrag

If you are using OMV 5.x, it does take considerably longer to apply changes especially on slower systems. Refreshing the page doesn't mean the config change is done.

omv 7.0.5-1 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.8 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github - changelogs

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• Offizieller Beitrag

I am using 4.1.27-1 according to the system information page. My system shouldn't be too slow.

If you have a large amount of filesystems, it can take a long time too.

On another note, should I be upgrading to 5.x?

Depends. If your Linux skills are solid, I think it is a good upgrade but I would install fresh over upgrading. There is no OMV provided upgrade path. So, you will have to manually upgrade OMV stuff.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.13 | compose 7.1.4 | k8s 7.1.0-3 | cputemp 7.0.1 | mergerfs 7.0.4

• If you have a large amount of filesystems, it can take a long time too.

That would make sense I guess since I'm using about 26 disks now. Thanks for letting me know!

Depends. If your Linux skills are solid, I think it is a good upgrade but I would install fresh over upgrading. There is no OMV provided upgrade path. So, you will have to manually upgrade OMV stuff.

Is there an improvements or additions changelog in 5? Everything is working quite nicely for me right now, but I'm always interested in newer/better things. If there's not too much different, I'll probably stay as is for a while :D. Thank you for the information.

• Looks like the problem is related to this script:

/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/salt/utils/decorators/__init__.py

that calls to a function that has a bug in "salt" automation tool (using strace you can see lots of errors when applying changes).

I have edited that file and I have added this:

return function

in line 101.

So now it looks like this:

return function

frame = inspect.stack()[1][0]

In this way the function "__call__(self, function)" does not execute the "inspect.stack" function, that has some kind of bug and it takes too much time to finish.

I know that in this way the module and function name are not stored in the class wide dependency_dict but I am not noticing a big problem with that and now I can "Apply" changes faster than before without apparently major problems.

Hope it helps (until someone could find a better fix).

Regards

• May be a long shot on an old thread but I've been experiencing the same issue as OP since I moved over to OMV5. How would I go about editting the file you mentiond to reslove this?

Thanks in advance.

• Having the same issue after a clean install today.

CPU i7-2600 | 11 GB RAM | Mobo Asus P8Z68-V LX | HP NC550SFP 10GbE 2-Port PCI-E-2.0x8 (SFP+ DAC) 802.3ad Bonding | US-16-XG + UDM Pro

• OMV 6.4.6-1 (Shaitan). Installed and booting via USB 3 SATA SSD
    • SAMBA shares, doubling as landing zone for Greyhole redundant storage pool file system service.
    • 3.25 Drives (in TB) - 1,1,1,0.3,2 - 2TB drive dedicated to Timemachine.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

same here.

fresh install on RPi 4 8GB running from a usb 3 sandisk flash drive.

changes take minutes to apply.

I have six RPi4s running and none of them take "minutes" to apply changes. What changes are you making that take that long? Editing the OMV code is a bad idea since the change will be overwritten on the next update.

• Same issue here, Has been like this since I started using OMV, but looking for a solution now. It's crazy that for example only disabling or enabling NFS should take minutes to complete.

It looks like something is causing this process to be unnecessary slow.

Has anyone found a solution or a way to debug why this is so excruciatingly slow?

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!