Upgrade from 2.x -> 4.x failed (502 Bad Gateway)

• Hello,

Can I please get some help. I have foolishly attempted to upgrade from OMV 2.x to 4.x.
    The ugprade from 2.x to 3.x using omv-release-upgrade failed, but I tried again... and it seemed to attempt to upgrade from 3.x to 4.x, which also ultimately failed.

Now I have a 502 Bad Gateway error on the webGUI.
    What should I first do to diagnose the issue and start fixing this?

Thank you

• As you have discovered, when upgrading, skipping a version is not supported.

I upgraded my OMV 2.x to 3.x but it took several attempts before it finally completed without error. I wound up having to remove all installed plugins from OMV 2.x before the upgrade to 3.x took.

When I upgraded from 3.x to 4.x and 4.x to 5.x I did the same thing at the outset - I removed all installed plugins.

You can try fixing the 502 Bad Gateway problem by running the below commands in a root shell, but no guarantees that it will work:

omv-mkconf nginx

omv-mkconf phpfpm

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Thank you for the tips. Yes I agree! Hindsight's always 20/20.

omv-mkconf nginx
    Running this didn't provide any feedback. Not sure how one determines if the command actually did anything.

omv-mkconf phpfpm
    This gave the error ERROR: The script '/usr/share/openmediavault/mkconf/phpfpm' does not exist

• Try this instead:

omv-mkconf php-fpm

A fresh install from scratch is the same thing as you did the first time you installed. The disk will be wiped and all the data on it (your entire OMV configuration) will be lost. For me this would be the last resort, and in my years of using OMV since version 2 I have never had to do this. Unless the user has done something that is truly irreversible, it should not be considered.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• Offizieller Beitrag

How can I do a fresh install in the current state?
    Will I lose any data in doing so?

Surely you made multiple backups before you started to mess with the NAS? If not, then sure. You can lose all your data. Easy.

I'd just disconnect the datadrive(s)and wipe the system drive and install. And then reconnect the datadrives if possible. Otherwise just wipe them as well and restore data from backup.

• Try this instead:

omv-mkconf php-fpm

A fresh install from scratch is the same thing as you did the first time you installed. The disk will be wiped and all the data on it (your entire OMV configuration) will be lost. For me this would be the last resort, and in my years of using OMV since version 2 I have never had to do this. Unless the user has done something that is truly irreversible, it should not be considered.

Thanks for that.

Typing that command didn't give any feedback. No errors no nothing.
    Tried accessing the webGUI, still Bad Gateway. Rebooting and trying again still gives me Bad Gateway.

• I am afraid that your installation may be damaged beyond repair. Perhaps others may have some ideas.

--

• I am afraid that your installation may be damaged beyond repair. Perhaps others may have some ideas.

I did take your advice though and only do a clean install as a last resort. I mean at this stage what more do I have to lose.
    So I was tinkering around...

And now managed to get the webGUI to work. but I'm unable to login as I get this screen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!