remotemount plugin can not Add remote mount

• Hi

I can mount a remote share through the shell but when I try to mount the same share through the webGUI and after apply configuration I get an error message "An error has occured", though I still can see the share mounted and accessible in the File Systems section, but I unable to apply the configuration.

Regards

Error details:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Hani () aus folgendem Grund: Typos

• Offizieller Beitrag

Something with the monitoring causes this. Does rebooting help?

omv 7.0.4-2 sandworm | 64 bit | 6.5 proxmox kernel

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

omv-extras.org plugins source code and issue tracker - github

Please try ctrl-shift-R and read this before posting a question.

Please put your OMV system details in your signature.
    Please don't PM for support... Too many PMs!

• This is the first time I try to set it up on this machine, the same remote share with remotemount plugin works fine on another OMV4 machine.
    No reboot doesn't help.
    Many thank

• Offizieller Beitrag

I don't know why the findfs command that monitoring is using is failing. Try disabling monitoring?

the same remote share with remotemount plugin works fine on another OMV4 machine.

Lots of code has changed between omv 4 and 5. So, this most likely isn't a problem with your remote share.

plugins :: omvextrasorg 7.0 | kvm 7.0.10 | compose 7.1.2 | k8s 7.0-6 | cputemp 7.0 | mergerfs 7.0.3

• System --> Monitoring. I disabled it already.
    Because I was getting these messages

Code
    Dec 06 10:55:00 yps-nas.WORKGROUP collectd[604]: rrdcached plugin: Failed to connect to RRDCacheD at unix:/var/run/rrdcached.sock: Unable to connect to rrdcached: No such file or directory (status=2)
    Dec 06 10:55:00 yps-nas.WORKGROUP collectd[604]: rrdcached plugin: Failed to connect to RRDCacheD at unix:/var/run/rrdcached.sock: Unable to connect to rrdcached: No such file or directory (status=2)
    • Offizieller Beitrag

I can't recreate this even with monitoring enabled. What is the output of: dpkg -l | grep openm

• Hers is the output.
    Thanks

Code
    root@yps-nas:~# dpkg -l | grep openm
    ii  openmediavault                  5.1.2-1                             all          openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-backup           5.0                                 all          backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-clamav           5.0.2-1                             all          OpenMediaVault ClamAV plugin
    ii  openmediavault-diskstats        5.0.1-1                             all          OpenMediaVault disk monitoring plugin
    ii  openmediavault-fail2ban         5.0.2                               all          OpenMediaVault Fail2ban plugin
    ii  openmediavault-keyring          1.0                                 all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg     5.1.7                               all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-remotemount      5.0.1                               all          Remote mount plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    • Offizieller Beitrag

That all looks correct. But unfortunately, I don't know how to fix this if I can't recreate it.

• Hers is the output.
    Thanks

Code
    root@yps-nas:~# dpkg -l | grep openm
    ii  openmediavault                  5.1.2-1                             all          openmediavault - The open network attached storage solution
    ii  openmediavault-backup           5.0                                 all          backup plugin for OpenMediaVault.
    ii  openmediavault-clamav           5.0.2-1                             all          OpenMediaVault ClamAV plugin
    ii  openmediavault-diskstats        5.0.1-1                             all          OpenMediaVault disk monitoring plugin
    ii  openmediavault-fail2ban         5.0.2                               all          OpenMediaVault Fail2ban plugin
    ii  openmediavault-keyring          1.0                                 all          GnuPG archive keys of the OpenMediaVault archive
    ii  openmediavault-omvextrasorg     5.1.7                               all          OMV-Extras.org Package Repositories for OpenMediaVault
    ii  openmediavault-remotemount      5.0.1                               all          Remote mount plugin for OpenMediaVault.
  • Hi
    It is working now.
    I guess it was something to do with "openmediavault-diskstats 5.0.1-1" plugin. After I uninstalled it remotemount plugin is working as expected, also the disk usage graphs in "performance statistics" services started to show.

Thank you so much for your time.

• Offizieller Beitrag

I guess it was something to do with "openmediavault-diskstats 5.0.1-1" plugin. After I uninstalled it remotemount plugin is working as expected, also the disk usage graphs in "performance statistics" services started to show.

I didn't have the diskstats plugin installed. I will have to test with that. Thanks for the pointer.

• great suggestion to remove diskstats plugin, that has allowed me to mount a NFS share without errors.

BUT, now I want to create a shared folder using the mounted NFS share and that is not available on the list of devices when I try to create a new shared folder.

I recognize that consuming an NFS mount from elsewhere and then sharing it from OMV is a little odd but shouldn't I be able to do this?

• Scratch the previous post, completely removing everything and starting over from scratch seems to have fixed the problem.
    Shared folder successfully created.
    SMB share created on top of that.

:)

Got greedy and tried to add the DiskStats plugin back in
    :(

bucket of errors, must live without diskstats

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!