can not start plex docker, and also can not browse my media

• Hello,

I am using OMV 5.1.2-1 (Usul), and created a new docker for plex according to the techno dad life video tutorial. It was working fine until i realized that it could not browse my media directories. I double checked that I had them correct in portainer, and it turns out, i did have them wrong. So I corrected them saved and replaced the original docker, and then started getting a endless loop of

Code
    Starting Plex Media Server.

I have tried rebooting the server with no change observed, I've tried changing the PUID and GUID settings to the root user as well with no changes observed.

I am totally at a loss as to how to proceed with fixing this. Please help

• The easiest way to begin fixing this is to delete the container and start over. Do not run a container as the root user unless this explicitly required in the image documentation.

--
    Google is your friend and Bob's your uncle!

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• You can delete the host path directory pointed to by the /config container path directory.

--

OMV AMD64 7.x on headless Chenbro NR12000 1U 1x 8m Quad Core E3-1220 3.1GHz 32GB ECC RAM.

• hummm...I have deleted the container through portainer, and deleted the host path directory for the /config directory, recreated the docker with the correct paths this time and am still having the same issue with not being able to start plex. What am i missing?

I was thinking that perhaps there was something wrong with the docker installation, but I have been able to create other containers and have hem work without issue after retrying to get plex running.

• Look in the container log for clues. It's the leftmost icon in the Quick actions column on the container list page.

--

• i think i finally have this figured out. I reinstalled the entire server and ended up putting the /config directory on an SSD instead of a directory on a unionFS filesystem. I'm not entirely sure why that would make a difference, but the issue is now resolved. Thank you for the help!

• i think i finally have this figured out. I reinstalled the entire server and ended up putting the /config directory on an SSD instead of a directory on a unionFS filesystem. I'm not entirely sure why that would make a difference, but the issue is now resolved. Thank you for the help!

Not pointing /config to a mergerfs pool is a frequent recommendation on this forum.

--

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!